Asus Xonar Phoebus Vs Creative ZXR + DT990 Edition 600
Jan 12, 2014 at 2:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

x7007

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I wanted to ask you, currently I have the xonar phoebus, I like it a lot, but I am missing the virtual surround.  Every game I play I want to have the immersion that I am in the game and things get closer and away, above me or below me.

So I thought about the ZXR virtual SBX.

Is it any good with 600 ohms directly to the headphones ohms card connection ?

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 5
  I wanted to ask you, currently I have the Xonar Phoebus, I like it a lot, but I am missing the virtual surround.  Every game I play I want to have the immersion that I am in the game and things get closer and away, above me or below me.
So I thought about the ZXR virtual SBX.
Is it any good with 600 ohms directly to the headphones ohms card connection ?

The Phoebus and ZxR use the same TI 6120A2 headphone amplifier chip.

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #3 of 5
  The Phoebus and ZxR use the same TI 6120A2 headphone amplifier chip.

So there won't be any problem whatsoever when using a 600ohms with the  Pro StudioSRX surround with the headphones connnected to the Headphones Amps connector. Cause I heard people say the ACM lowers the quality which Asus little box does not. and I heard people connect a 600ohms or lower via the Line out for some reason I did not understand why.

I tried to read as many as comments as I could, I still don't understand some of the ways or what is the best way.

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 5

So there won't be any problem whatsoever when using a 600ohms with the  Pro StudioSRX surround with the headphones connnected to the Headphones Amps connector. Cause I heard people say the ACM lowers the quality which Asus little box does not. and I heard people connect a 600ohms or lower via the Line out for some reason I did not understand why.

I tried to read as many as comments as I could, I still don't understand some of the ways or what is the best way.

If you can, skip on using the ACM.

Jan 13, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #5 of 5
I heard that you can still connect it for the microphone use, but connect the headphones directly to the headphones amp on the card.

But again, I still want to know if I will get full virtual surround using the SRX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back