Asus Xonar Essence STX vs X-Fi Titanium??
Apr 30, 2013 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dj5jhdt

New Head-Fier
i want to buy best sound quality sound card for my stereo earphones. i play video games, watch videos.
Asus Xonar Essence STX vs X-Fi Titanium
i read old threads but i want to know recent opinions.
which one has best sound quality?

May 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #5 of 8
I have the creative  x-fi titanium hd and yes IMO it is a better card you can change the audio chips as well .
             The price of them has "dropped through the floor" mine cost  only half-price from PC world and at least until recently could be had even cheaper .Because it was more aimed at Hi-Fi enthusiasts  than gamers. not because of inferior fidelity 
                           OR  you can if you have the money go for creatives latest card -just out its ZR--something got an email from them last week. It has the additional ability to be switchable for head phones--124DB -noise/dist.
                                look up their website.

May 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #6 of 8
 Not to steal the thread but I had the same question kind of.  I currently have an xfi-titanium non hd and ath-a900 headphones and I was wondering if I would get any benefit for gaming going to a newer creative z or asus essence stx or st since they have built in headphone amps? It mostly would be used for fps gaming with some music streaming but gaming is the main thing.

May 2, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #7 of 8
The Xonar has a built in amp which may work well for some headphones. It will work best with headphones > 80 Ohms, seeing that it has an output impedance of ~10 Ohms.

May 2, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #8 of 8
Creatives new card is certainly aimed at gamers have a look on their website.
     They learned their lesson that the majority of PC users want a game card not  a top fidelity card.
        Having said that it is a very good audio card too.Some say drivers are bad in creative 
          not now I have had NO problem with drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back