Asus Xonar Essence STX Vs. Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
Jul 29, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #16 of 17
My current on-board solution is also one of those Asus Supreme X-Fi Solutions and my PC360s sound horrible when connected to it, I have to use the Astro mixamp to make it sound decent. I ordered my Titanium HD last week hopefully they will ship monday and it's going to take 10days for it to arrive :| </3 South Africa.

I have to say the PC360 does leak A LOT of audio, is there anyway of dampening it? I mean it's so much that people can hear my game audio in mumble even though my sensitivity is super low.

Jul 30, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #17 of 17
I had this problem too but fixed it with proper cabling from soundcard to amp.

Quote:

Well I'm a bit worried.  I just ordered a ASUS Essence ST (not STX) and it should arrive Monday.  Now I primarily got this because I have owned a few of Sound Blaster products.  Starting with the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum,  X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series, to what I'm using now which is the X-fi onboard chip on my ASUS Crosshair IV Formula motherboard.  And they have all the same problem: freakin' random popping/clicks...  Drove me insane!!! (though the mobo only did it twice)  Tried many many drivers the only difference being how often the popping and clicking would occur but I could never get rid of them completely.  

Now I understand the Titanium HD was build from the ground up for gaming, but I needed something that could push my headphones.  I currently use a pair of ATH-M50 running through a Mackie Big Knob but in a few days I'm going to order a pair of ATH-AD900 since they got the [H]ard|OCP Gold Award and I've read plenty of threads on these forums that will provide the best performance for competitive gameplay..

I don't know.. I'll see what results I get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back