Asus Xonar Essence ST
Feb 18, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #61 of 69
Hi.
Has anybody seen this http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us ?
 A friend,told me that he has put this drivers. Beta Version 7.12.8.17731 .
Should we put the others too?
I have to uninstall the previews drivers first.Could you tell me how to uninstall them?
I have Win7-64bit.

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #62 of 69
Just run the setup as administrator and install over the existing drivers. I just updated mine at it worked fine.

Feb 27, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #63 of 69
A question for mr. Robscix:

Please can you say if it is correct that ST's jitter clock does not work on 16/44 family?

frown.gif

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #64 of 69
Hi.
Is there a correction of the analog outputs of the H6,so as to listen a correct 5.1 sound?
I have a sound meter,(db meter).

Mar 31, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #65 of 69
So I got me a ST,and as I understand it the elyts after (CE8 and CE14) can be bypassed.But what about CE62 and CE14 before the opamps can they be bypassed?(What are they used for?)

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #66 of 69

Quote:
So I got me a ST,and as I understand it the elyts after (CE8 and CE14) can be bypassed.But what about CE62 and CE14 before the opamps can they be bypassed?(What are they used for?)

CE8 & CE14 can be shorted (bypassed with just wire). You CANNOT short any other caps on this board.

What you can do is bypass with higher quality caps all of the power supply caps leading to the analog section. These are the 220uf & 100uf caps nearest the DAC & I/V amps. These I bypassed with 2uf noninductive metalized film caps & it was very very effective. Bypassing only the 220uf caps sounded very good bu resulted in a slight glare to the sound in the register that is 1 octave down from the top of the piano range, this is eliminated by bypassing the 4-100uf caps with 2uf noninductive metalized films. The resulting sound is now more robust sounding without the glare in the range that was a problem before.

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #67 of 69

Quote:
CE8 & CE14 can be shorted (bypassed with just wire). You CANNOT short any other caps on this board.

What you can do is bypass with higher quality caps all of the power supply caps leading to the analog section. These are the 220uf & 100uf caps nearest the DAC & I/V amps. These I bypassed with 2uf noninductive metalized film caps & it was very very effective. Bypassing only the 220uf caps sounded very good bu resulted in a slight glare to the sound in the register that is 1 octave down from the top of the piano range, this is eliminated by bypassing the 4-100uf caps with 2uf noninductive metalized films. The resulting sound is now more robust sounding without the glare in the range that was a problem before.

Could you please put, where did you buy these and what is the exact  identity numbers of them?

Apr 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #68 of 69
Feb 12, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #69 of 69
Hi.
I had a short yesterday in a multiplug given power to the computer modem-router,screen and a Logitech Z-5500 sound system .After this,something is wrong about the power,so I changes outlets,so I now have power for the computer,but not for the Logitech,which I have to check out ,something that it is difficult because of the many cables there are here.
Anyway,I have connected a portable wifi speaker to the headphone output of the computer via the cable connection,so I can here music,together with a recurrent noise,like tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-TAC.ie six times tic,and one time a loud TAC.Always the same.
Any suggestions please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back