asus xonar essence one to receiver questions
Dec 15, 2014 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

krohm

Head-Fier
im doing a new system build and was wanting to ask a few questions about running the asus xonar essence one into a marantz SR6200 receiver and then into 5.1 speakers as yet undecided.

if i run an optical out from the asus xonar essence one into the receiver, it will run 5.1 or stereo in a digital to analogue conversion?

does it matter what motherboard the asus is connecting to?  is there a bottle neck with the motherboard? im looking at the asus x99-a motherboard at the moment. 

if am wanting to run a htpc and may get a larger setup in the future with new receiver and amp is my best way to get sound out of the pc using a dac the asos xonar essence? 

any assistance / thoughts regarding this would be appreciated, cheers

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 4
  I'm doing a new system build and was wanting to ask a few questions about running the Asus Xonar essence one into a Marantz SR6200 receiver and then into 5.1 speakers as yet undecided.
if i run an optical out from the Asus Xonar Essence One into the receiver, it will run 5.1 or stereo in a digital to analogue conversion?
does it matter what motherboard the Asus is connecting to?  is there a bottle neck with the motherboard? I'm looking at the Asus x99-a motherboard at the moment. 
if am wanting to run a htpc and may get a larger setup in the future with new receiver and amp is my best way to get sound out of the PC using a DAC the Asus Xonar Essence? 
any assistance / thoughts regarding this would be appreciated, cheers

Slight problem, as the Essence One only comes with an optical input port, so it can't output an optical signal.
You can connect the your motherboard's optical output to the receiver's optical input and should be able to use the DTS-Connect to send 5.1 to the receiver.
You can just connect your Essence One to the computer's USB port.

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 4
so dont need the asus xonar essence one than?

so i can ran an optical out from my mobo to the receiver, and it will do 5.1 and stereo losslessly?  thats awesome

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_1679&products_id=29000

what are all these other sound features listed on the mobo?

should i be considering a different mobo for this optical out? are there better ones? so no dedicated soundcard for optical out?

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #4 of 4
  So don't need the Asus Xonar Essence One than?
so i can ran an optical out from my mobo to the receiver, and it will do 5.1 and stereo losslessly?  that's awesome
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_1679&products_id=29000
what are all these other sound features listed on the mobo?
should i be considering a different mobo for this optical out? are there better ones? so no dedicated sound card for optical out?

The Essence One is for headphones and really has nothing to with receivers.
When using optical output, between sound card and on-board audio there is no real difference.
Normally S/PDIF (optical & coaxial) outputs 2-channel of PCM audio (96K or 192K), no problem for full music audio.
You need to use a program like DDL (Dolby Digital Live) or DTS-Connect, to be able to compress up to 6-channels of audio (24-bit/48K max), for sending thru S/PDIF (optical or coaxial).
I'm really too tired to go into all the on-board audio details of your motherboard (it's 12:25am), but it does comes with Realtek ALC1150, which is more then enough audio quality for the average user.
When you send digital audio thru S/PDIF, it's the hardware at the end of the cable (Marantz), that dictates audio quality, not the source hardware (on-board or sound card).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back