Asus Xonar Essence One OpAmp upgrade - how does this sound for a plan?
Sep 22, 2012 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

daws0n

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I've been enjoying my Asus E1 DAC for a few months now, using it to play music from my PC through to my hifi setup. Pleased with the results, but have decided to take the plunge and do an opamp upgrade.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday researching on the numerous threads/posts here and on other forums and have decided on the following configuration:

Replace the 4 x NE5332P I/V stage opamps with dual SOIC LME49990s (on DIP 8 adapters)
Replace the 2 x NE5332P low pass filter opamps with dual SOIC LME49990s (on DIP 8 adapters)

^Although not cheap to implement this upgrade has come well recommend by a few people, and is probably the most worthwhile since the NE5532Ps are the cheapest opamps in the unit.

I am not sure whether I should go ahead and upgrade the RCA output buffers also? Please bare in mind that I rarely use the headphone amp, and only use the RCA outputs (not XLRs) so I presume only the one chip will need replacing (the two XLR chips can remain as they are)? As stock it already uses the reputable 4562NA, so I am thinking going a model up in the family and trying a LME49720HA or may be 2xLME49710HA on adapter?

Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dawson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back