ASUS XONAR ESSENCE ISSUE UPDATE!
Jan 2, 2012 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jla1991

New Head-Fier
So i know i have already made a post but now i kinda know what is actually going on.

So my issue is that the sound like jumps around and like almost cuts in and out.

After doing a bunch of test i finally found out the issue.

Originally i thought it was just my headphones but i found out that the issue only occurs when im above 50 volume. Like the normal windows volume controller. If i am below 50 it sounds fine.

i thought it was just my q701 but i did not hear it in my 555s becuase i couldnt bare to listen to them above 50 because the headphones in general are louder. Thats why i never heard it with those headphones.

So does anyone here know what that is happening or how to fix it?

if not im going to return it and try the HT Omega claro halo.

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
So i know i have already made a post but now i kinda know what is actually going on.

So my issue is that the sound like jumps around and like almost cuts in and out.

After doing a bunch of test i finally found out the issue.

Originally i thought it was just my headphones but i found out that the issue only occurs when im above 50 volume. Like the normal windows volume controller. If i am below 50 it sounds fine.

i thought it was just my q701 but i did not hear it in my 555s becuase i couldnt bare to listen to them above 50 because the headphones in general are louder. Thats why i never heard it with those headphones.

So does anyone here know what that is happening or how to fix it?

if not im going to return it and try the HT Omega claro halo.

Look at your mixer settings. If you balance controls are set above 76% you will have this issue. There is a built in quick clamping slow release limiter built into the card. If balance controls set above 76% you will activate it. This limiter produces the sound you describe. default level of this setting when you install the card is 76%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back