Asus Xonar DS vs DG vs DX
May 23, 2011 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Biesas

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there. I am sort of upgrading all of my music equipment at the moment. I got Ultrasone Pro 900 coming tomorrow hopefully :) I am looking to get the FiiO E11 for portable use with them. But as well I want to upgrade my PC soundcard a bit. 
Currently my soundcard is running on the ALC889.
I have noticed that the DG model has a built in amp, but is that relevant considering I am getting the E11?
The DS version has a Wolfson DAC in it.
And the DX version is the most expensive of these lot and well I dont really understand what do all these 3 soundcards do differently?
So my question is what are the pros and cons of all these soundcards? And for which one should I go?
Any advice is welcome :)

May 24, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #3 of 5
The Xonar DX & DS can take full advantage of the sound coming off a Blu-ray disk (and 7.1 sound), if you are planning on adding a Blu-ray drive to your computer?
The DG uses an older processing chip (5.1 sound), but can still do good job.
The Xonar DX has Dolby headphone, the DS has DTS and you can easly upgrade the Op-Amp. chip on the DS.
(The Xonar DX has more "chips" on the card then the DS).

May 24, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #5 of 5
Well... i looked at it ;D
Nah, not really. It a bit too expensive. I am trying to keep it fairly simple for now. And I think I would rather get a more expensive amp istead of getting such an expensive soundcard :wink:

Quote:
Hey Biesas,

Have you considered the ASUS Xonar Essense ST/X?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back