Asus Xonar DG + Sennheiser PC350
Aug 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rss013

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

First of all i want to introduce myself to here because i'm a new member and i've been lurking this forum for a while so i decided to create an account too
redface.gif
Secondly i got a question about my Asus xonar DG i bought today.
I'm using it in combination with my Sennheiser PC350. And i was wondering what should be the best settings for this card?
I'm a main FPS gamer and i like to listen alot of house ( heavy bass music but also with alot of clarity ).
I've already changed the headphone amp to >64 because my ohms of the pc350 is 150 and it sounds ALOT better then my onboard audio, i was just wondering what settings like sample speed and channel etc should be set to.

This is how i currently have my settings:

http://i41.tinypic.com/jv67wi.jpg

Any advice is very much appreciated,
Thanks in advance

(Uploaded right pic now )

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #2 of 7
Did you disable on-board audio? in the BIOS?

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 7
Hi thanks for your reply.
Yes i did disable my onboard audio in the BIOS before i installed my drivers.
I've been trying out some settings 2/8 channel but it doesn't rlly seem to make a difference at all to my ears.
What about the sample speed setting?

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
Hi thanks for your reply.
Yes i did disable my onboard audio in the BIOS before i installed my drivers.
I've been trying out some settings 2/8 channel but it doesn't rlly seem to make a difference at all to my ears.
What about the sample speed setting?

44.1Khz is fine for audio CD music, 48Khz can be used if your having problems with 44.1K.
I just leave my Xonar at a sample rate of 96Khz.

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #5 of 7
Allright i guess i leave it at 48Khz then.
And what about the different audio channels 2/4/6/8, what would be the best for my stereo headphones?
I've also disabled Dolby digital headphones and 7.1 virtual speaker shifter because it sounds like it's underwater..

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Allright i guess i leave it at 48Khz then.
And what about the different audio channels 2/4/6/8, what would be the best for my stereo headphones?
I've also disabled Dolby digital headphones and 7.1 virtual speaker shifter because it sounds like it's underwater..

Use 6 or 8 channels for movies and surround sound gaming, use 2-channels for music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back