Asus xonar DG problem
Apr 18, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #16 of 25
DGX installed and some very little static noise continues in headphone mode. Tried other headphones (in ear ones), but I need more of them to confirm this.

Apr 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #17 of 25

Quote:
Tuny, are you plugging your headphones into the card itself or a front jack?

I notice crackling when I use my front jack, nothing to do with the card though because it does the same when connected to onboard sound. Just a crappy front jack, wiring problem or something.

i pluged them directly to the card
i'll try to conect the front panel and test it later just for a nonsense test

thx everybody for the help

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #21 of 25

Quote:

so you got a new card and the problem persists?

Yeah. No problems at speakers mode 
confused.gif
So I´m thinking it might be my motherboard Asrock P67 Pro3, PSU Seosonic X-560 (Hardly) or my overclocked i5 2500K 4.5ghz. Cant be graphic card, too many ghanged already (570/6870/7950/580 & 1900XT)

Well bought used X-FI HD USB and no problems with that. Wierd problem

Quote:

Definitely faulty then. Testing mine, with no sound playing and volume at max... complete silence, no static or anything.

Same problem exist even at mute-->100% volume and no difference with ohm sets 32<,32-64 or >64

Sep 5, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #22 of 25
I know this thread is over a year old, but found it while looking for a fix to the static headphone problem i had with this card, which started this morning Thought it might help anyone else that finds this thread while searching for a fix for sudden static on headphones connected to the DG..

I had the same problem today after a year with zero problems.2 pairs of headphones had the exact symptom, which was static in the right ear and no volume output, no matter which headphone port used.  What i did to correct was take the card out of the pci slot, remove the front panel connection wire and then reconnected all. Problem was solved. 

Dec 4, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #23 of 25
I also seem to be getting this issue. I will update if I can find a fix, like nole...my question is though:

Does anyone know the difference between the "2 Speakers" setting and "Headphone"? I see that the various "Headphone" settings apply different gains, is the "2 Speakers" just somewhere on this scale? It sounds slightly different than the Low Impedance, 0 gain setting but I'm not sure what exactly is changed.

Edit: Tried re-seating the card and undoing some extraneous connections (like front panel connections). Also moved around some power cables, to make sure I wasn't getting any interference from nearby cords. No change. Still getting a high pitched audible static when in "Headphone" mode. However, if I put it into "2 Speakers" I get absolutely no static whatsoever. Does the "2 Speakers" setting bypass the amp?

Edit2: I am wondering if the "2 Speakers" setting is a true line-out or what exactly it is...I've noticed that if I switch between the two settings, I can hear a relay clicking. Would this be engaging the headphone amp?

Dec 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #24 of 25
Edit2: I am wondering if the "2 Speakers" setting is a true line-out or what exactly it is...I've noticed that if I switch between the two settings, I can hear a relay clicking. Would this be engaging the headphone amp?

Probably yes, the "2 speakers" mode switches to a different chip driving the output (I think it is NJM5532 vs. DRV601), and it also disables headphone related software features like Dolby Headphone. It might still be OK for driving headphones, but if it has high output impedance or small output capacitors (this may or may not be the case, but would not be unusual for something designed for driving high impedance line inputs), then the bass response could be affected.

Dec 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #25 of 25
Ok thanks. I'm waiting for a Schiit Magni to come in...so I'm thinking it will be best to try and do 'line-out' in "2-speaker" mode to the magni until I have the ability to upgrade to a modi or something similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back