ASUS Xonar D2X OR ASUS ESSENCE STX
Sep 10, 2010 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AeRoPLoDgE

New Head-Fier
hey guys

At the moment i have a x-fi sound card itsa henedrix model which i took from a dell while back. Any way its usually giving me problems with my speakers and headphones and was looking into getting a new card.

Ive been looking at the two mentioned in the title and wondering if anyone has anything to say about them?
I kinda stuck on which one to get, I would be mainly only using it for listening and burning really.
I wouldn't be recording anything.

Is there any real difference in audio quality between them? 

any advice would be great  

cheers!

oh i would use my headphones alot more which are 840s and i heard something about the STX being great for headphones i think.

Sep 11, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 3
For headphones & 2 channel speakers the Essense STX is better sounding of the 2 but if you want multi channel speakers then you need the D2/ D2X. Either way the quality is quite good but if you have high impedance headphines the STX is definately the way to go. The STX has very high output voltage to feed high impedance headphones & can easily feed 600 ohm headphones.

By the way I own both cards & love them both. Both blow the creative made X-Fi cards out of the water for music. I'm not a gamer so I can't comment on the performance there.

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 3
So, can you use headphones on the D2X and get the surround sound effect? Like using an Astro Mixamp? How good does it sound, compared to Mixamp, if possible?

Quote:
For headphones & 2 channel speakers the Essense STX is better sounding of the 2 but if you want multi channel speakers then you need the D2/ D2X. Either way the quality is quite good but if you have high impedance headphines the STX is definately the way to go. The STX has very high output voltage to feed high impedance headphones & can easily feed 600 ohm headphones.

By the way I own both cards & love them both. Both blow the creative made X-Fi cards out of the water for music. I'm not a gamer so I can't comment on the performance there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back