ASUS played a dirty, dirty trick on Palm (and CONSUMERS!)
Nov 5, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #16 of 21
im actually cosidering the 2gb version and stuffing a 8GB class 6 SDHC card for flash, and a 2gb sodimm, but at the end, it might be more expencive then a higher model

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #17 of 21
Yes, It would have been nice if it was cheaper, but this way they bring in competition to get other companies to produce cheap email/web laptops. The size and the fact that the hard drive is flash memory is nice also.

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #18 of 21
ok, now im annoyed, the store i was gonna get it from just bounced the price from 320 euros to 389,

considering the nokia N800 is at 278, im reconsidering if i really need a keyboard,

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #19 of 21
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that the Foleo would not have been comparable to the Eee PC in terms of power or features. The Eee PC is pretty much a full fledged laptop capable of running Windows and has the full complement of usual ports. I thought the Foleo was something a little more stripped down. I do like the design of the Foleo much better than that of the Eee though.

Nov 8, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #20 of 21
Well reviews have been generally positive since it came out. You can't really compare it to the Foleo anyway. The Foleo has XScale processor while the EeePC has Celeron which makes it a true subnotebook. EeePC also comes with a SSD drive and camera. You couldn't get a subnotebook like this for under $1000 before the EeePC.
That said, I agree the small screen is what's keeping me from picking up this version. Though, i'll definitely get it when it's updated to 10" and Intel C2D.

Nov 8, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #21 of 21
as i said before, being xscale, and having more costumised hardware makes the foleo harder to costumise on a software level,

while the EeePC basicly runs anything that you can run on a normal x86 based linux distribution (memory and drive space limitations apply)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back