ASUS Launches Essence III USB DAC/Preamp/Headamp
Nov 25, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #31 of 139
I don't hear any volume unbalance.

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #32 of 139
I'm confused about how asus has connected the HD800s via XLR to the E3 as they are showing on their homepage. The HD800s have a 4 pin male XLR and asus is only delivering two 3 pin mini XLR to 3 pin XLR adapters.

Edit: found a new price information on the end of this page too. Don't look!

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #33 of 139
That's not a HD 800, it's the HD 700. The Essence III comes with converter cables, so that HD 700 might be using any after market balanced cable and then using the converter into mini-xlr for the last bit. Or they could have made their own mini-xlr cables over at Asus for testing which were used for that image. The price of S$3500 quoted on that page converts into just under $2800 USD. Let's hope it's just a case of that region getting shafted and not an indicator on what it'll cost everywhere.

Nov 26, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #36 of 139
  wow us$2.8k is a lot. it'll have to be really damn good to be worth considering at all then

It probably will be much closer to 1.6k euro (or $ if we won't count taxes). No matter how you look at it is still expensive. I was hopping for something closer to 1.2k euro (with taxes).

Expensiveness came from lots of stuff which are inside the box. If I am understanding ASUS price policy correctly, it could be the best dac/headphone amp on the world and E3 still would cost 1.6k euro. Look at E1 Muses. In terms of price it is basically normal E1 with cost of Muses amps.
Even if it way too expensive for me, I am still thinking about how to get the money. But at the same time, it would be nice to get something with less features, with the same sound quality, but for lower price.

Nov 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #38 of 139
None of you have actually tried asus products, especially not the asus one.

To give you some background about what many headfi members etc said about essence one, I own the muses only though.

Based on headfonia, 6moonsk headfi thread etc

E1 has a dac which is comparable to $1000+ DACs like v800 and conductor dac
E1 has an avg headphone out which does an okay job. Much better than stx. But not in the same league as burson or violectric amps
As a whole unit it looses to ha-160d due to the poor amp compared to the burson but does come close. With a better amp it blows away conductor or v800 etc.
Basically a near revelation for its price tag considering everything but the dac is free of charge.

E1 Muses
Way ahead of E1 regular. Not even in the same league as every person agreed. Everybody.
Blows away any dac/amp combo in the sub $1500 range and gives good competition in the $1000-2000 range. Blows away ha-160d even in terms of everything. The dac is a huge step up and though the amp may not be the best. But the entire package is excellent sub $1500 and a steal sub $1000.
For $900 nothing has ever been so good before.

And if you don't believe me then check the sources I pointed to and read each and every comment out there. This is what the majority feels.

I believe E3 will be ones of the best amp dac combos in the market regardless of money and to really beat it you would need 5k DACs with 2k amps. This is my belief. And let us see what happens.

Nov 27, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #39 of 139
And genuine muses 01 opamps cost $60-80 per piece. So $400-500+ for 6 of them. Asus just charged $300 for them which is definitely not more than the market price. I don't see what the fuss is all about. It is a high end product for the rich. Let us leave it as that.

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #41 of 139
None of you have actually tried asus products, especially not the asus one.

To give you some background about what many headfi members etc said about essence one, I own the muses only though.

Based on headfonia, 6moonsk headfi thread etc

E1 has a dac which is comparable to $1000+ DACs like v800 and conductor dac
E1 has an avg headphone out which does an okay job. Much better than stx. But not in the same league as burson or violectric amps
As a whole unit it looses to ha-160d due to the poor amp compared to the burson but does come close. With a better amp it blows away conductor or v800 etc.
Basically a near revelation for its price tag considering everything but the dac is free of charge.

E1 Muses
Way ahead of E1 regular. Not even in the same league as every person agreed. Everybody.
Blows away any dac/amp combo in the sub $1500 range and gives good competition in the $1000-2000 range. Blows away ha-160d even in terms of everything. The dac is a huge step up and though the amp may not be the best. But the entire package is excellent sub $1500 and a steal sub $1000.
For $900 nothing has ever been so good before.

And if you don't believe me then check the sources I pointed to and read each and every comment out there. This is what the majority feels.

I believe E3 will be ones of the best amp dac combos in the market regardless of money and to really beat it you would need 5k DACs with 2k amps. This is my belief. And let us see what happens.

Here you are again with your stupid comparisons and silly "blow away" or "not in the same league"...Talking about headfonia, and head-fi you irritate people with your pms, rude comments and stupid comparisons. You have been baned a lot of times already and warned on diyah. NO ONE cares how much money you have. "It blows away the Burson,etc"...Dude please don't comment here based on reviews you read.

I don't need to check these sources. I believe what I hear. Sound is subjective! Get that straight. I also don't know how you find a HUGE improvement of a dac to another one. You are an epic PITA

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #42 of 139
These are people's opinions on headfi. Your opinion doesn't count because you haven't heard any of the above nor researched about it. I own the damn thing, have heard it. And have also read extensively about everybody's opinions on it, both good and bad. I know both sides. I know what I am talking about. Sadly, most people just talk out of their hat without reading the facts first.

You probably think a beta22 doesn't blow away a fiio amp either. Right?

I have owned a few DACs and I know this blows any decent amp out of the water, it isn't even a comparison. I doubt you have heard enough expensive DACs to come to the conclusion you have,

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #43 of 139
And I have clearly pointed what I have read and what I have heard by ears to be very clear. Both are in sync so I know I am not talking non sense. Few people understand this stuff because few people can afford to buy lots of stuff to hear and experiment,

Nov 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #45 of 139
If E3 is target for computer user, I will think it is too big with such chasis. I would be more keen they make it compact. Unless they try to push higher price for bigger size as marketing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back