Asus Essentio CS5110
Jul 10, 2008 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Chuwy

Head-Fier
Quoted from some random site, (first link on google)

"ASUS Taiwan has announced the release of the latest Essentio CS5110 Mini PC. It belongs to the family of Eee Station series. Loaded with innovations the Essentio Mini PC lets the users enjoy exceptional quality graphics. Interestingly, Asus CS5110 Essentio Mini PC is the world’s smallest Desktop PC.

Look at the image.

essentio-cs5110.jpg

It appears elegant. This irresistible PC is provided with a discrete graphic card for best reproduction of high definition movies. You must be wondering what all will it include?

Well, I won’t keep you pondering..It is equipped with a Blu-ray drive, wireless remote for home theater, hard drive, 802.11n Wi-Fi, and NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT card.

You can choose from the available black and white options as per your choice. This model will also reach Computex along with ASUS fantabulous collection of electronic products."

I think the fact that they used the word "fantabulous" damages their credibility a bit, but everything seems to check out after some more in depth research on this little mystery.

Here is the down low on what it's all about.

Here is a review from VR-Zone which confirms it's awesomeness with a score of 92, and it's mysterious-ness with it's lack of review product source, pricing, or release date.

According to all the reports I've found so far, this thing was released on April 8th.

I am living in Taiwan right now and I have not seen or heard about it anywhere.

As someone who is desperately in need of a more portable computing solution, this is pretty much the holy grail (if 8600GT can handle Half-Life 2 on high). I'm surprised by the lack of coverage on this thing, if not sorely dissapointed. Anyone else know anything about this elegant beast?

confused.gif

Jul 10, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #2 of 9
Do you know what the dimensions are?

Jul 10, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 9
Larger than I was hoping for. =T

Jul 10, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #5 of 9
Well, that's as small as it goes if you're looking for a desktop pc with a dedicated graphics card.

Jul 10, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #6 of 9
Interesting, but if I were going small... I don't think desktop would be an option.

I don't know, might be a nice media center PC, but there aren't that many times when I've wanted my media PC to be that much smaller...

Jul 11, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #7 of 9
yeah well, you don't live in a boarding school that you have to move back and forth from during all breaks and vacations.
frown.gif

portability is kind of a must for me, and laptops are kinda outta my league. (at least, for the specs im looking for)

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #8 of 9
Fair enough, I have to admit I'm the target audience for almost nothing these days.

My bet is still that you can get a decent fullsize desktop and a cheapy laptop (eeepc) for what you're going to wind up paying for this (this of course is just a guess, I can't find cost estimates anywhere)... so I still find it hard to justify.

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #9 of 9
hahaha, I'm the one with the unique situation, so I'm pretty sure being the target audience is more my problem than yours.
biggrin.gif

well, I would like the eee, except for 2 things.

1. Small Screen

2. Low Power

both are bad for dorm rooms since I can't enjoy watching movies on them or playing games. not to mention run several tasks at once.

the gateway 6860FX would be a good choice but it's still kinda outta my price range. (though I guess if I buy a monitor to go with the Essentio, it'll be even more expensive than the lappie)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back