Asus Essence One : Left channel louder than right
Feb 2, 2012 at 6:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

stfb

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

My setup :
I have 2 essence products. 1 Essence STX and 1 Essence One.
I use Beyerdynamic T1 headphones.

I have a problem only on the Essence one : Left channel is louder. It feels like everything is more located to the left. And it became worse since few days.
It happens on Windows, Mac, Linux.
I don't have this problem on the Essence STX.
I haven't tried on the line output as I don't have a decent amp to try it.

Is there anybody here having the same problem ?
It may be related to op amps. I will try a switch and keep you posted.

thanks,
Stephane.

Feb 2, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #2 of 7
It could be faulty connectors or volume potentiometer.
For testing if the line output also has the channel imbalance, you could also use a multimeter (if you have one), or even the line input of onboard audio (the output level may need to be reduced). With an adapter, it would even drive the headphones directly, just not to particularly high levels, but for testing if the line output works correctly, it is enough.

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks stv014 for your quick answer.
I didn't think that the line could drive the T1.
I've tried the line. And the channel imbalance is ok. But not on headphone output.
I've swapped all the op amps and it doesn't solve or inverse the problem.
So I think it may come from a dry welding on the potentiometer or the jack connector or board.
I don't want to touch it as it is under waranty.

Apr 14, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #4 of 7

Quote:

Is there anybody here having the same problem ?

I have the identical problems with my Asus ONE

Listening at very low volume levels (I tried on three PC), the potentiometer does not keep the volumes of each channel the same. The bottom 2 notches on the volume control (for both headphone and speaker) will have the audio come out significantly stronger on one channel than the other. On the quietest notch, one of the channels is essentially muted and I get to listen to mono. Interestingly enough, the channel that gets quiet is reversed between the speakers and the headphones.

This is a big issues for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back