Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Oct 30, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #2,671 of 3,573

Only the MUSES edition should have the pot with the gain jumpers. If you get a MUSES Edition unit that does not, then it needs to be sent to ASUS for a swap. The pot in the MUSES edition has a different scale to suit use of the gain jumpers. If you buy a standard it will come with the same pots they always have. The pot was never changed for imbalance, it was a change made to accommodate the gain jumpers in the MUSES Edition units only.

Really? only muses edition has A10 pots, when I contacted Asus USA "because Asus Australia have no idea about the E1" I asked about the A10 pot being in a newer batch of standard editions and they concurred, plus I remember others talking about having A10 pots in their standard editions

Hmmm, or maybe like how some of to muses got B10s some standards got A10s, if I find the old posts I will re-post them, still doesn't explain asus USA maybe they got confused or just wanted to get rid of this crazy Aussie guy asking dumb questions off the phone
biggrin.gif
who knows....

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #2,674 of 3,573
  Really? only muses edition has A10 pots, when I contacted Asus USA "because Asus Australia have no idea about the E1" I asked about the A10 pot being in a newer batch of standard editions and they concurred, plus I remember others talking about having A10 pots in their standard editions

Hmmm, or maybe like how some of to muses got B10s some standards got A10s, if I find the old posts I will re-post them, still doesn't explain asus USA maybe they got confused or just wanted to get rid of this crazy Aussie guy asking dumb questions off the phone
biggrin.gif
who knows....

I had this confirmed with HQ twice now. The pot change is only for MUSES. There is no official production change for the standard edition pots. There were some MUSES edition units with the wrong pots and no gain jumpers - that is the only issue I know of and maybe that is the fuel for the confusion on this forum. Other than that, unless there was a goof in manufacturing on the standard edition, there is no official part change on record from our end.

Oct 30, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #2,675 of 3,573
I have only one question and it will decide if I buy one or not.
Could several inputs be used simultaneously, especially toslink and coaxial at the same time? And preferably also a mix between them?

What I'm looking for is really a headphone amplifier that could downmix several digital inputs. Of course a mixer would be great, but then I need two units? But as of now, I actually only need a coax + toslink at the same time. Is it possible with Essence STX

Cheers

Oct 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #2,676 of 3,573
  I have only one question and it will decide if I buy one or not.
Could several inputs be used simultaneously, especially toslink and coaxial at the same time? And preferably also a mix between them?

What I'm looking for is really a headphone amplifier that could downmix several digital inputs. Of course a mixer would be great, but then I need two units? But as of now, I actually only need a coax + toslink at the same time. Is it possible with Essence STX

Cheers

It is possible to use one input at the same time.

Oct 30, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #2,678 of 3,573
It does say this in the manual though. Can any owner confirm please?

"Note: Both Coaxial and Toslink inputs can be used to connect and run equipment at the same time."

Being able to connect is obvious, but to use them at the same time? Two signals into one?

Cheers

Oct 31, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #2,681 of 3,573
  It does say this in the manual though. Can any owner confirm please?

"Note: Both Coaxial and Toslink inputs can be used to connect and run equipment at the same time."

Being able to connect is obvious, but to use them at the same time? Two signals into one?

Cheers

All inputs can be connected at the same time, but only one is transfered to dac.
See the marked knob on the picture. By toggling it source is changed COAX -> TOSLINK -> USB -> COAX .......

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #2,684 of 3,573
Nice to see there's an Asus representent here. It would be nice if we could get an answer for an APPROXIMATIVE.. since I know you guys are on "silence" forgot the exact term.. for the release date and the pricing bracket like 800-1200$? I just bought an Essence One and will return it to the store since I've heard a better version is coming out someday.

Question for others, do you still benefit a lot with the Asus E1 for music on a pair of loudspeakers or is it pretty much just for headphones? I want to know as 75% of the time I listen through my (KEF Q900) and at most 25% through my headphones (AKG K720) :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back