Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Jul 19, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #2,343 of 3,573
Quote:
I think usually most people use the EQ built into their media player. I use Winamp, foobar2000 or Clementine.

I mean, it would be nice to have the ability to use an eq for anything I do on my computer, not just when I'm listening to music through a media player. I just don't understand why something like that wouldn't be included in the drivers.

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #2,344 of 3,573
Quote:
I mean, it would be nice to have the ability to use an eq for anything I do on my computer, not just when I'm listening to music through a media player. I just don't understand why something like that wouldn't be included in the drivers.

Welcome SneakyPete, most if not all audiophile equipment is user define, which is a good thing because you get to learn more and ultimately have better results than if you were hand feed. Trust me the more you hangout with head-fiers the better your audiophile gear will sound

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #2,345 of 3,573
Quote:
I'm curious as to what else on the computer that you do needs the eq function apart from listening to music?
I think usually most people use the EQ built into their media player. I use Winamp, foobar2000 or Clementine.

Jul 20, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #2,347 of 3,573
Quote:

Welcome SneakyPete, most if not all audiophile equipment is user define, which is a good thing because you get to learn more and ultimately have better results than if you were hand feed. Trust me the more you hangout with head-fiers the better your audiophile gear will sound

The only down side to hanging out with head fiers is the heavy burden to your wallet.

Jul 20, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #2,348 of 3,573
Quote:

The only down side to hanging out with head fiers is the heavy burden to your wallet.

True
eek.gif

Jul 23, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #2,351 of 3,573
I was just on newegg's site going to order the E1 muses edition and newegg shows that they have discontinued the E1 has any one here heard of problems with this dac ? Seems  hard to find one Kmart shows the same thing. Maybe this is not that great of a dac after all..

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #2,353 of 3,573
Quote:
I was just on newegg's site going to order the E1 muses edition and newegg shows that they have discontinued the E1 has any one here heard of problems with this dac ? Seems  hard to find one Kmart shows the same thing. Maybe this is not that great of a dac after all..

Being out of stock, more often means that the product is in demand, but discontinued, really strange, it could be for many reasons.

Jul 24, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #2,354 of 3,573
I highly doubt the muses is being discontinued when asus are still sending units to reviewers to be reviewed. I still have not received my RMA "standard edition" unit which I've been waiting for over a month now, because I've been told none are available here in Australia, so its coming directly from asus

So maybe its the same situation where you live with the muses edition, its just not available at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back