Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Jul 11, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #2,311 of 3,573
You should eliminate if it is the pc or not try another pc trough usb. Also you could try the coax or spdif, but ofc all electronics can start to malfunction. But before you ask for repair it is good to see if there is something wrong on your side.

Jul 11, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #2,312 of 3,573
Quote:
I own the Muses, I started off stock, then Plus Edition and finally the Muses01.

I'm normally not one to song and dance, but the Muses opamps deserve worldwide recognition as the greatest contribution to audio reproduction.

Every time my system fires up these little delights have me turning Japanese in response to their amazing sound.

I am going to buy 11 of these and swap every one on my Xonar DAC as well as another three for my Xonar ST.

Well done Asus and JRC I cannot possibly believe it can get any better.

I am very curious how this will change/enhance your already mused up E1.

Please upon swapping to all muses on your dac, I would appreciate writing back...Good luck.

Jul 11, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #2,313 of 3,573
Quote:

I am very curious how this will change/enhance your already mused up E1.

Please upon swapping to all muses on your dac, I would appreciate writing back...Good luck.

+2
popcorn.gif

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #2,314 of 3,573
Oh? So you reckon you like the sound of the stock ones' better?
Would you say the Muses01 is really worth the upgrade? Because I am sick and tired of hunting down the genuine ones. Who knows which ones on eBay or any other online sellers' are real even though they LOOK genuine??!. :frowning2:

It's definitely worth upgrading as there's a big improvement.
I purchased mine a while back from a very large Japanese supplier and found there services exceptional as they deal with New Japan Radio directly.

http://www.chip1stop.com/web/AUS/en/dispDetail.do?partId=NJR1-0012051

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #2,315 of 3,573
It's definitely worth upgrading as there's a big improvement.
I purchased mine a while back from a very large Japanese supplier and found there services exceptional as they deal with New Japan Radio directly.

http://www.chip1stop.com/web/AUS/en/dispDetail.do?partId=NJR1-0012051

It doesn't look like they still stock them. How much were they?

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #2,316 of 3,573
I just received my replacement E1 today. I want to reiterate what fantastic customer service ASUSXONAR and Asus have provided. The sent my replacement BEFORE asking me to return my unit so that I wasn't left without an amplifier. My new one was packaged like new - and appears to be a brand new, unused unit (although I suspect it must be refurbished). It had all original packaging and even the plastic protectors on the volume knob faces.

It has the A10K pot and jumpers and volume knob feel is much improved over my previous unit (which had too much loose play).

Unheard of customer support for such a large overseas company!
smile.gif
       Here are my unboxing pictures...

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #2,318 of 3,573
Quote:
I just received my replacement E1 today. I want to reiterate what fantastic customer service ASUSXONAR and Asus have provided. The sent my replacement BEFORE asking me to return my unit so that I wasn't left without an amplifier. My new one was packaged like new - and appears to be a brand new, unused unit (although I suspect it must be refurbished). It had all original packaging and even the plastic protectors on the volume knob faces.

It has the A10K pot and jumpers and volume knob feel is much improved over my previous unit (which had too much loose play).

Unheard of customer support for such a large overseas company!
smile.gif
       Here are my unboxing pictures...

Wow that's great fast customer service man, compared to the rest of the world where we have to jump through hoops while clap our hands at the same time

Nice one Bro
gs1000.gif

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #2,320 of 3,573
Yes, those are HD800's. I am very happy with the pairing.

I agree, the Essence One is a game changer IMO. This level of performance and features is very rare under $1000 - let alone $600. The only thing it lacks compared to the DAC1 Pre and Grace Audio M903 is cache (and aluminum knobs).

Hey, as long as I'm here, I have a question and don't want to hunt through all the previous pages again...  My gain jumpers appear to be set to the "high gain" setting. I have noticed that the volume control knob is higher now than it was on my previous unit for the same listening level. Am I reading the jumpers wrong, is the A10K scaled differently than the B10K, or is something else going on? No info in the manual so I'm wondering which jumper position is which for HD800's vs. IEM's?

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #2,321 of 3,573
HD800s are 300 ohms so I would say leave it on high gain unless your planning to use low impedance Headphones........ However turokrocks and others have said you loss SQ with low gain which makes it pointless

I have no experience with the A10k pot other than reading peoples comments on this thread and some web reviews which all saying the channels are now equally balanced with the newer potentiometer, which would be interesting to hear your thoughts to see if you concur?

Jul 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #2,322 of 3,573
its here! :D
time to upgrade my E1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back