Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Aug 28, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #121 of 3,573
looks really neat .__. ... wonder what the price is gonna be =w=

Aug 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #125 of 3,573
INR 21,000 (Indian rupees) ?

What's your source ?
Has it been released in India ?

I don't exactly remember, it was in an article that appeared in Google News when I searched for "asus essence one", it's only a few days old.

Aug 29, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #126 of 3,573
It better kill A-gd's entry-evel units in that case. =p

Aug 31, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #127 of 3,573
Hi Guys.
Listened to Essence One for one day. Sorry for the blurry image.
I don't know how much it will cost but I really liked it with HD800 and LCD-2. It is not on the same level as my HA-160D, but very good IMO.
Is quite bassy actually, maybe too much bass with LCD-2 for my liking, good mid, VERY nice presence and stereo image. Hights are slightly recessed, that gives that analog feel. The device sounds very analogue and smooth, with an accent on bass and mids. It's not so detailed than my Burson, but sounds very nice with old rock or electronica music. Has awesome PRaT too.
I'm working on a review for this (not sure if will do it in English too)

Sep 1, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #128 of 3,573
Mind telling me where you sourced one from?

Quote:
Hi Guys.
Listened to Essence One for one day. Sorry for the blurry image.
I don't know how much it will cost but I really liked it with HD800 and LCD-2. It is not on the same level as my HA-160D, but very good IMO.
Is quite bassy actually, maybe too much bass with LCD-2 for my liking, good mid, VERY nice presence and stereo image. Hights are slightly recessed, that gives that analog feel. The device sounds very analogue and smooth, with an accent on bass and mids. It's not so detailed than my Burson, but sounds very nice with old rock or electronica music. Has awesome PRaT too.
I'm working on a review for this (not sure if will do it in English too)

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #129 of 3,573

Quote:
Mind telling me where you sourced one from?

I am part of Press :)
The review is done: http://soundnews.ro/2011/09/01/asus-xonar-essence-one-review/
In English will be done in few days, sorry.

Edit: Seems like it's first review in the world, at least on something I am first :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later EDIT (09.09.11):the English review is done too and can be read here: http://soundnews.ro/2011/09/09/asus-xonar-essence-one-review-english-version/
I hope you like it
wink_face.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #130 of 3,573
I am part of Press :)
The review is done: http://soundnews.ro/2011/09/01/asus-xonar-essence-one-review/
In English will be done in few days, sorry.

Edit: Seems like it's first review in the world, at least on something I am first :)

Is it me or are some components bent (as in not vertical), should this be considered shoddy manufacturing?

Sep 1, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #131 of 3,573

Quote:
Is it me or are some components bent (as in not vertical), should this be considered shoddy manufacturing?

What components ?
Actually I was shocked about the manufacturing quality of this product, the PSU is big, and internal wiring is very professional, Sanyo and Wima caps, Alps pot, for a 500$ price, it will be a killer IMO. I am actually thinking about one as a secondary (job) rig.

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #133 of 3,573
Just read the review. Thanks for that and I'm also looking forward to your English review. 

So in a nut shell, (correct me if I'm wrong) your opinion is that its noticeably better than STX, but seems to lack detail at higher frequencies? Also sound gets distorted at very high volumes with HD800 and LCD-2? Any other major issues?

And In your opinion, for someone who owns STX...is it worthwhile to upgrade to Essence One?

Sep 2, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #135 of 3,573
Thanks to Google Translations, it's a nice review.
Looking forward to more reviews for this newcomer.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back