Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Dec 31, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #2,821 of 3,573
Comparing the Asus Essence One (not the Muse Edition) with the Teac UD-H01, which one comes on top, mainly for headphone listening?
Anyone have experience with both?

http://www.teac.com/product/ud-h01/

Cheers!

Jan 1, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #2,822 of 3,573
I had the TEAC very briefly.. Drivers were terrible so if you need usb support i'd look elsewhere personally (on Windows 7 at least). Sound wise it was OK but the Asus is a better built unit with superior support + the opamp upgrading option offers greater potential again.

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #2,823 of 3,573
I had the TEAC very briefly.. Drivers were terrible so if you need usb support i'd look elsewhere personally (on Windows 7 at least). Sound wise it was OK but the Asus is a better built unit with superior support + the opamp upgrading option offers greater potential again.

Thank you for your reply.
The main use would be with USB, but on OSX. Does the Teac have problems with Mac?
Also, the price difference is around 100 euros, with the Asus being the more expensive one.
Is it worth it?

Cheers!

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #2,824 of 3,573
I've not idea on mac support but it uses Tenor's TE8802 chip which is notoriously bad - the Asus c-media usb interface chip is far less problematic! I personally would say it's worth the difference... I returned the TEAC and kept the Xonar despite the £100 cost difference.

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #2,826 of 3,573
Hello,

I am interested for E1 muses.

Bit-perfect LED lights with alsa on a linux system ?

The problem of imbalance is present just with B10K ?

The latest models are all A10K with adjustable gain ?

Jan 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #2,835 of 3,573
Re; ripping vinyl
I tried going from my analog preamp out to the line-in on the computer and recording with Audacity (24 bit) and it works.  Only thing is I'm not sure if the quality is as good as I could get some other way.  Thje pre-amp is a vintage Yamaha CX2020 with a great head-amp for my MC cartridge so that is OK but I'm not sure about going into the computer's on-board sound line-in.   I do have an Audiotrack Prodigy HD2 Advance DE with up-graded op-amps that I removed when I got the E1 muse.  I could re-install that for ripping if it is thought that the quality would be better.   Thoughts ... comments?  Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back