Asus Essence III?
Jan 25, 2020 at 4:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fetoll123

New Head-Fier
Hi! New here and just wanted to get some recommendations. I currently have a Asus Xonar Essence one and a HD650 Sennheiser headset, and I kind of feel that DAC/amp doesnt do the headset justice. So basically, im looking for a new DAC/amp.

I found an Xonar Essence III on secondhand for about 400 bucks, new price on that thing is like 1600 dollars (however it is from 2014-15 so in reality, the price might be a little lower now)

Question then; have anyone tried and should I spend the 400 dollars on the Asus Xonar Essence III and get it quite cheap? Or do you have any other recommendations for a DAC/amp for 4-500 dollars?

And I know, Asus might not be the best producers of soundproducts in the world but reviews have been quite good for that thing, and for less than half the price, it might be worht it. Thanks in advance!

Jul 7, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #2 of 2
I have a second hand essence III works as pure DAC,I think it will be worth it for $400 to get a DAC with balanced amp. It has top grade circuit design(ROG mother board and VGA card is much harder to design than any and all HIFI product),non-cheap OP-amps and Excellent volume control system. The major drawback is the DAC chip is a classic model(2*AD1955,means: not new enough), but you can not use $400 to get a DAC with new chips alone, not to mention that this budget can`t include a balanced AMP with good volume control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back