Asus DX Interference
Nov 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MoonSung

New Head-Fier
Hi, I currently have an Asus DX connected to a schiit lyr.  When my GPU starts doing some work I get some ringing noise in my right headphone channel.  I'm wondering if purchasing an external DAC and connect it via coaxial or toslink on the Asus DX will get rid of it.  I wanted to do it this way to keep dolby headphone and all those other features from the Asus DX.  I'm confident that it's not the schiit lyr or the headphones that is creating this issue.

Nov 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 3
  Hi, I currently have an Asus DX connected to a schiit lyr.  When my GPU starts doing some work I get some ringing noise in my right headphone channel.  I'm wondering if purchasing an external DAC and connect it via coaxial or toslink on the Asus DX will get rid of it.  I wanted to do it this way to keep dolby headphone and all those other features from the Asus DX.  I'm confident that it's not the schiit lyr or the headphones that is creating this issue.

There is a chance that switching over to an external DAC and using the S/PDIF optical to connect to the Xonar DX will fix your noise issue.
Is the motherboard's on-board audio disabled? in the BIOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back