Astro MixAmp with TYGR 300R
Nov 28, 2021 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SecrtAgentMan

New Head-Fier
I have a Series X and I'm looking to get the TYGR 300R. I noticed they are low impedance at 32 Ohms. Would a MixAmp be useful to get also or would the Xbox controller be sufficient to power these?

Currently I use this volume adjustment puck from Turtle Beach with the Turtle Beach Ear Force X1 (very old pair).

Does anybody use the TYGR 300R with an Xbox controller or MixAmp and if so how well do they sound?

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 9
I don’t have the TYGR but I do use a Mixamp with my Xbox. I run the headphone out to an amp. It has enough volume for easy to drive headphones. The specs for the TYGR look like they should be fine with the Mixamp.

Nov 30, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 9
I don’t have the TYGR but I do use a Mixamp with my Xbox. I run the headphone out to an amp. It has enough volume for easy to drive headphones. The specs for the TYGR look like they should be fine with the Mixamp.
Thanks for the information. Which headphones were you using? Would the controller have been enough to power those headphones without the MixAmp?

Is you current setup; headphones > MixAmp > Xbox ? This way your controller doesn't have anything plugged into it?

Nov 30, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #4 of 9
Yea that’s my setup but I have headphones>amp>Mixamp> Xbox.
I just tried my HD58X plugged into my Microsoft Elite and although I could hear it there’s no way it would be useful for playing. Unless I’m missing something for controller output volume.

Nov 30, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #5 of 9
Yea that’s my setup but I have headphones>amp>Mixamp> Xbox.
I just tried my HD58X plugged into my Microsoft Elite and although I could hear it there’s no way it would be useful for playing. Unless I’m missing something for controller output volume.
Thanks for the clarification.

Why do you go Amp > Mixamp? So you're using the first amp to power the headphones and the second amp for compatibility with the Xbox? Is it fine to double amp like that? Is the Mixamp alone enough to power the 58X without the first amp? Are you able to get voice chat working with how you have this setup?

Nov 30, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #6 of 9
The Mixamp by itself is probably loud enough for the 58X. I can check it later after work. If I forget just message me.

So my setup :

Xbox -> Mixamp -> Mixamp headphone out to amp / Mixamp mic input to mic

I’m using the standard Mixamp TRRS splitter so the headphone out to the amp and mic to the mic input.

Why? Well, for one I just like geeking out with gear. And the amp allows me to avoid distortion by not having to crank up the Mixamp. And then I could mess with different amps.

Nov 30, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #9 of 9
The Mixamp by itself is probably loud enough for the 58X. I can check it later after work. If I forget just message me.

So my setup :

Xbox -> Mixamp -> Mixamp headphone out to amp / Mixamp mic input to mic

I’m using the standard Mixamp TRRS splitter so the headphone out to the amp and mic to the mic input.

Why? Well, for one I just like geeking out with gear. And the amp allows me to avoid distortion by not having to crank up the Mixamp. And then I could mess with different amps.
When you have a chance could you possibly post a pic of the setup? Was trying to work this out and I think I confused myself haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back