Astro Mixamp To sennheiser momentum for games and media use
Jul 15, 2014 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ChacalitoElhaj

New Head-Fier
Hi people !
I got my momemtum a few months ago and im retty satisfied with them, i guess im not fully taking advantage of their capacitiy ( no amplifier type fiio or good source to provide with da sound) cause they mostly are plugged to my macbookpro while i enjoy some mp3 or preferably wav albums and watch movies documentaries tv shows..etc

Im about to receive an astro mixamp and was wondering what are the odds of enjoying with that equipement of mine, and i guess momentum are good but probabaly some other open headphones like hd 598 would be better suitable, don't know,...

Im glad anyway, new to forums in general and im from Casablanca where finding all those goodies we talk about is pretty complex but do able with a few tricks

Thanks,

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 6
Ps: im about to use the asto mixamp and the momentum on ps3, so that would be optical, wondering how good that would be too.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 15, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #3 of 6
  Ps: I'm about to use the Asto Mix-amp and the momentum on PS3, so that would be optical, wondering how good that would be too.
rolleyes.gif

DDL (Dolby Digital live) is the compression feature that allows up to 6-channel (5.1) of digital audio be sent thru optical, to the mix-amp.
Make sure that it is enabled in the PS3's audio setting, the setting might just be referred to as "Dolby Digital" or just "Dolby".
Too lazy to look up the manual for the PS3, to find out what setting exactly in the PS3 enabled DDL.

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #5 of 6
Owning the sennheiser momentum which come with a second cable with a mic and volume button wich works perfectly with apple products. i wanted to know if it might work as a mic with the asto mix amp for multiplyer gaming.
"Sans transistion" i noticed that when using a pair of headphone that comes with a telelphone  the sound is pretty low on instance on the computer until you click into that answering button on them, little hassle is when you stop clicking the sound come back to that low level.
I hope it wont do the same if i try to use the momentum mic with the astro mixamp...
Please let me know if u have any ideas

Aug 30, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #6 of 6
Hi I'm looking for a headset for games, movies and music. I would like a beautiful emulated spatialisation in 5.1 and 7.1 for headphones...

So, first I've seen Sennheiser 363D with his USB 5.1 card or a Steelseries Elite Prism with a usb card too.

But after reading thousand reviews and forums..... I'm wondering if a mixamp solution would be better.

The Mixamp 2013 or the last one seem to be a great system to emulate Dolby, and it works with PC, Mac, PS3, PS4... So I've just to choose a good headphones now...

For spatialisation, open headphones seem to be better t make the sounds larger, more "in the air", so I think about a Sennheiser HD 598 (50 ohms), the very open AKG K701 62 ohms...
Some people like MMX 300 (32 ohms is a better impedance for the mixamp) or QPad QH 90... Bt they are close and not open...

Wow.... That's make a lot of choice :wink:

At the end, I'm remember what I've felt the first time I've tried the Sennheiser MOMENTUM (not the 2.0, the first one)... I've found these headphones so PERFECT for the sound I love. For music on my iPhone (with only AAC songs) it was marvelous. Each part of the song was separate from the others, clear, brillant... Not to much bass, beautiful high and mediums great...

So I'm wondering if the combination MIXAMP + MOMENTUM could sound great... And I've found your message about this on this forum...
Could you tell me, if you have   tried this with 5.1 games and movies, how do you find that ? Is the spatialisation great ? Is the headphone not to closed for that, is it light on the head and comfortable after 2 hours and if the mic works with the Mixamp for multiplayer games ?

Thank you for your answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back