ASTRO MixAmp + Sennheiser PC 360 microphone problem
Jan 5, 2012 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MofoingSANTA

New Head-Fier
I just bought myself a MixAmp so I could use my PC 360s with my xbox. But when I speak into the microphone I can hear myself, so I tried to have the mic further away from my mouth but then my friends couldn't hear me. Is there anyone else here who uses this combination and knows how to solve this issue?

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 8
popcorn.gif

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #4 of 8
Well it doesn't do that on the PC. Also, even if I spoke really really quiet I can still hear my breathing, and I'm not a heavy breather. So this isn't a matter omicrophone monitoring. I guess the MixAmp and the mic on the PC 360 doesn't cop, which is weird considering the fact that so many people recommend this combination.

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
When you connect to your PC do you connect via the MixAmp? Try positioning the microphone under your chin where your breath won't be picked up by it.

I only use the MixAmp with the xbox. And I did try to position it under my chin, sure it doesn't pick up as much sound as before, but enough to be annoying. Also no one could hear me.

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #7 of 8
I guess the PC 360 has a more narrow pickup range than the A40. When I position my microphone below my chin it doesn't pickup any breathing noises and teammates say that I come across very clearly. Also, pretty sure that the mic monitoring is on the MixAmp side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back