Astro Mixamp mic distortion w/ps4
Jan 4, 2015 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

thejtl

New Head-Fier
hi,

I'm using a Mixamp pro gen one with a set of audio technica ath ad700x and a mic plugged in via a 3.5mm jack installed on the headset. I didn't do the mod. I've tried two different mics and both create distortion when speaking no matter what level I have the mic level adjustment set to in the ps4. In fact, I can pull the mic level all the way down and still hear the mic.

I have the Mixamp connected exactly as recommended by astro. I'm at a loss at this point and any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Jan 23, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #2 of 3
Anyone? Since I originally posted this I've also tried the AT ADG1 as well. This is basically the AD700x with a mic. And it's a good quality mic, so that takes one of the questions out of the loop.

When I run through the DS4 all distortion on the mic is gone. I've asked the same question on the Astro forums and found others with the same issue but deafening silence from the Astro customer service folks who post there.

I'd really love to talk through he issue if there's anyone out there willing. I have a YouTube channel where I review headset and headphones and plan to do a little expose on this issue when I get through with my research. You can check out the channel here if you're interested. YouTube.con/thejasontlewis

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 3
Anyone? Since I originally posted this I've also tried the AT ADG1 as well. This is basically the AD700x with a mic. And it's a good quality mic, so that takes one of the questions out of the loop.

When I run through the DS4 all distortion on the mic is gone. I've asked the same question on the Astro forums and found others with the same issue but deafening silence from the Astro customer service folks who post there.

I'd really love to talk through he issue if there's anyone out there willing. I have a YouTube channel where I review headset and headphones and plan to do a little expose on this issue when I get through with my research. You can check out the channel here if you're interested. YouTube.con/thejasontlewis

I had an issue with the mixamp and the headset on the 2013 headset and the 2011 mixamp.  The headset mic jack was all effed up, and the 2011 mixamp had some noise issues.  I tried to contact astro a lot of times and they are no help at all.  Their customer service is lacking in every department.  Unfortunately I don't know what you can do but to just replace them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back