Astral Chain
Aug 31, 2019 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

SilverEars

Headphoneus Supremus
Wasn't awere of this one being released. Nicely animated 2d looking 3d graphics engine. From the creators of stylish action games such as Bayonetta. It isn't surprising Bayonetta is in their portfolio as one of the founders of PlatinumGames is Shinji Mikami, who has impressive portfolio of games worked on before finding the company (Executive produceer of the original Devil May cry, Director of the original Resident Evil).

This game is eye-candy galore! Really impressive visuals.

Aug 31, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 3
Saw maximillion playing this on twitch. Looks neat. And weird.

I think the highlight is the amazing soundtrack

Looking forward to the OST

Aug 31, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #3 of 3
Saw maximillion playing this on twitch. Looks neat. And weird.

I think the highlight is the amazing soundtrack

Looking forward to the OST
Yeah I bet. Besides the impressive visuals, the game-play elements have some weirdness to it. It doesn't look like the usual weapon hack and slash.

I do like this genre. It's a replacement of the platformers from the 2d era in the 3d era. There has been some big milestones in the 3d action genre such as Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden. I liked the Ninja Gaiden series as I found the game to be tweaked really well in terms of character control and difficulty. I wish they continued the series, but the original designer of the Ninja Gaiden left the company, so the series will not progress forward unfortunately.

Speaking of OST, you should check out Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night OST. Pretty good IMO. I always found these japanese 2d platformers to have memorable OST. It has that classic Japanese platformer sound to it.

I liked Bayonetta's OST with Jazz. This particular scene works really well with Jazz music on the background.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back