Astell & Kern SP1000M CD card /Music library query
Oct 31, 2019 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

imexdanny

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So I've took the plunge and shelled out on the SP1000M. Quick question...this may or may not result in it's immediate return.

I loaded all my music onto an SD card ready to go for when the DAP arrived. I've inserted and NONE of my music is showing up in the music library, such as 'songs', 'albums', 'artists' etc. I have to select through the Folder option?

I had an SR15 briefly and am familiar with the interface, however on the SR15 my music would show in the music library with no issues? Am I missing something?

Or is it only possible for songs on the internal memory to show in the library on the SP1000M??? Please help!

EDIT: I've sorted it can someone please delete

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 8
Hey guys,

So I've took the plunge and shelled out on the SP1000M. Quick question...this may or may not result in it's immediate return.

I loaded all my music onto an SD card ready to go for when the DAP arrived. I've inserted and NONE of my music is showing up in the music library, such as 'songs', 'albums', 'artists' etc. I have to select through the Folder option?

I had an SR15 briefly and am familiar with the interface, however on the SR15 my music would show in the music library with no issues? Am I missing something?

Or is it only possible for songs on the internal memory to show in the library on the SP1000M??? Please help!

EDIT: I've sorted it can someone please delete
You have to format the card within the player first then put your music on it.

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 8
I inserted the card as it was booting the upgrade initially. I re-inserted and after a few minutes everything was there
This may be off topic but I owned the 1000M and now I have the fiio M11 pro. The pro sounds better and it's more durable. That blue paint chips off at the slightest ding.

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #7 of 8
Out of interest will the 1000m display WAVs with metadata and artwork? I’m guessing not. A lot of my collection is in WAV. I’ve been using VOX cloud which shows WAV data
IDK check the specifications and see if wav is supported, I'm sure it is.

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #8 of 8
This is definitely off topic lol. I prefer the interface and OS of A&K. The sound will be subjective
I like the os and interface too but not enough to pay an extra $1800

Users who are viewing this thread

Back