Astell & Kern SP1000 - Deezer not Working with AK Connect
Aug 2, 2017 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SoundBytes

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi Brethren,

I know Deezer is a popular music service around the World. I decided to give it a try, they have a nice 30 day free trial. Well after a long time and almost pulling my hair out, I contacted Astell & Kern about an issue with AK Connect, the SP1000 and the Deezer service.

Here is my problem and their response. Looks like they are working on the issue now.

Thought I would post this to save everyone time trying everything I did.

Best,

Tom
SB

------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 2, 2017 at 6:50:20 PM
To: Tom
Subject: Re: SP1000 AK Connect - Deezer not Playing

Hi Tom,
Thank you for your email. We have tested units here at the US office are able to replicate the same issue you have mentioned. This issue is being escalated up to our team and we should have an answer for the issue shortly. Thank you for letting us know and we will update you as soon as we can.
Regards,
Astell&Kern / iriver North American Customer Service Center

Check us out on social!
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
-----------------------------------------------------
On Aug 1, 2017, at 5:42 PM, Tom wrote:

Hello,
I have the SP1000SS. AK Connect connects to my iPhone 7 Plus. I am able to select the speaker SP1000 in the Deezer app so it sees my SP1000. AK Connect ON in SP1000.
However, I hit play and it just sits there. The SP1000 will not play the content.
I ensured I am on a 2.4Ghz WiFi connection as the Deezer app sees the SP1000 and lists it as a speaker.
Deezer plays fine on the iPhone 7 Plus by itself so the music is streaming. When I switch to SP1000 nothing, hit play and nothing. No download stream shows only the artist displays.
But not on the SP1000, the only thing that displays on the SP1000 is the song in its own playlist. Not what Deezer is listing.
Not sure how it sees it, I can select it as a speaker and then nothing plays. Tried multiple artists many many times.
What could the issue be?
Thank you,
Tom

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back