Astell Kern SA700
Nov 4, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #3 of 11
Tried these out on the Tokyo Headphone Show! Haptics and design are gorgerous! Expect something almost as heavy as the SP1000, the feel and weight is massive (actually I did not expect it)! Seize is smaller though. Sound was very resolving. I could hear a slight upgrade to my wired XDSD in direct comparison.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 11
Tried these out on the Tokyo Headphone Show! Haptics and design are gorgerous! Expect something almost as heavy as the SP1000, the feel and weight is massive (actually I did not expect it)! Seize is smaller though. Sound was very resolving. I could hear a slight upgrade to my wired XDSD in direct comparison.

How does this sound in comparison to SP1000?

Nov 4, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #5 of 11
How does this sound in comparison to SP1000?

Unfortunately I did not have the chance to compare these two directly in terms of sound. Just realized they are built in a similar massive way....

Sorry!

Nov 5, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #6 of 11
Why isnt there more info on this unit yet, especially if other Headfiers have tried it out elsewhere...this seems weird, as if, AK secretly was rolling this unit out. All their other units, you see fireworks from miles out before it hits the market

Jan 17, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #7 of 11
This is an interesting dap. I owned the AK120, and for the most part, liked it very much. I’m still using my AK240SS, but I’ve been thinking about a new dap that allows me to listen to a couple of my favorite internet radio stations along with my music library, and retains a small size. The SP1000M Gold would be the ideal replacement, but I can’t justify the cost, especially since I would take a big hit on selling my SS.

The volume wheel design looks nice!

May 12, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #8 of 11
I bought one recently. The firmware, although updated, is a disaster. Both Amazon Music and Tidal keep crashing, so it's obviously an A&K problem. Will probably sell it on. A&K should be ashamed. Bad enough on a £500 Fiio, but charging £1300 for a unit as flakey as this is shocking.

May 12, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #9 of 11
Really? That's telling for one of their latest offerings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back