Astell&Kern OS and development
Jun 8, 2016 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

reginalb

1000+ Head-Fier
So, I read in another thread that A&K players might be using a heavily customized version of Android. I have been trying to decide on a new DAP. I like to tinker, and had considered a Cowon Plenue D and FiiO X3, both of which allow UI customization. That said, things like Bluetooth and wifi are just so important to me, and none of these players check all the boxes for me. 

So when I read that maybe A&K players are running a customized Android, and I use Google Play Music a lot, perhaps I can rig something up. So, a few questions
  • Do we know for sure that they use a customized version of Android?
  • If so, has anyone attempted to connect to it via ADB? Should be possible, but you'd need the right drivers.

Anyway, I'm just trying to pick a player, and while I have never been a huge fan of A&K pricing, I really like the look of the AK300, and am considering buying it, but the lack of streaming capability for such an expensive device that has the hardware to do it is a bit frustrating to me. So if I could just, you know, write the app, that might seal the deal for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back