Astell&Kern Launches KANN Ultra DAP and AK HB1 Bluetooth Amp/DAC
Oct 20, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #31 of 464
No, it does not. But that is a limitation of the Roon Arc app, not a device issue. Roon has said they are planning on adding bit-perfect playback to Roon Arc for DAPs eventually, but have not provided a timeframe. Right now, Roon Arc resamples everything to 24/48 unless you are using a USB DAC, where it will play bit-perfect if you have the beta USB Driver enabled in the app settings.
Then is a pass for now but will be looking on the updates to see when this issue has been resolved. If i can have roon arc bit perfect on an iphone then i don't see why this can't be done on a DAP.

Oct 20, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #37 of 464
The format is not dead. The company was acquired.
This is not the place to argue MQA. However, I will just briefly say one sentence:

It was unnecessary when introduced (except as way to stream higher resolution audio files using reduced data transfer--which is how it was initially described), somehow started saying that it was better than lossless and captures the original sound better (ridiculous when applied to music from decades ago), and totally unbelievable when considering that FLAC captures it all (for those who believe in Shannon), while at the same time distorting the audio as a bonus.

Oct 20, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #38 of 464
This is not the place to argue MQA. However, I will just briefly say one sentence:

It was unnecessary when introduced (except as way to stream higher resolution audio files using reduced data transfer--which is how it was initially described), somehow started saying that it was better than lossless and captures the original sound better (ridiculous when applied to music from decades ago), and totally unbelievable when considering that FLAC captures it all (for those who believe in Shannon), while at the same time distorting the audio as a bonus.
“Not the place to argue MQA”…. Goes on to argue MQA 😂

Oct 20, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #45 of 464
The KANN Ultra has my interest. I reviewed the original KANN and loved the sound. Hope to see and hear it at CanJam Dallas.
I’m annoyed that it has really piqued my interest too thanks to that DAC chipset and the LO/Pre capabilities… I vowed to never buy AK again though due to their business practices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back