Astell&Kern Jr vs AK100ii
Nov 7, 2015 at 9:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

astroid

1000+ Head-Fier
I recently bought the Jr and really enjoy its smooth sound. You know how it I though, last night I actually dreamt about the 100/120 and in it I already owned a AK240 but I was having my house reposessed!! I needed to downgrade to avoid becoming homeless but I couldn't choose.
Anyway I know the dacs are different , I always liked Wolfson (they were from my him town (Edinburgh), it has streaming which I doubt I would use and I think I prefer the Jrs body....so I am stuck...opinions please

Nov 8, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 7
I recently bought the Jr and really enjoy its smooth sound. You know how it I though, last night I actually dreamt about the 100/120 and in it I already owned a AK240 but I was having my house reposessed!! I needed to downgrade to avoid becoming homeless but I couldn't choose.

tongue.gif

Anyway I know the dacs are different , I always liked Wolfson (they were from my him town (Edinburgh), it has streaming which I doubt I would use and I think I prefer the Jrs body....so I am stuck...opinions please

I much prefer the 100II over the Jr. The Jr's presentation feels somewhat flat and lacking in dynamics compared to the 100II, especially when going balanced on the 100II. The Jr sounds veiled and lacking in detail relative to the 100II. But that may just be my taste 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #6 of 7

is your house really for repossession? imho, i'd sell both Jr and 240 and keep my house....and revisit my priorities...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back