Astell & Kern Jr help requested
Oct 24, 2015 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

macdonjh

Headphoneus Supremus
I hope someone here can help me with my Astell & Kern Jr.  My Jr claims to be full, so full that I get a message, "Not enough free disc space to operate. Please free up some disc space."

I use a Mac Mini with J-River.  I've used the J-River "action box" to drag-and-drop new files onto the Jr.  I've also used the Mac Finder to move old files from the Jr. to Trash.  Now, according to the Finder I have no music or playlist files on my Jr. and there are only 9 MB of recognized files on the unit. 

When I turn the Jr. on and look at my All Songs folder the Jr tells me there are no songs on the unit.

However, whenever I try to sync new music to the unit the Jr tells me that I have no room left.  If I ask, using Settings, how much space is left the Jr tells me that I have something like 150 MB of free space left (even though it also tells me there is no music in memory). 

Please help me figure out how to clear the memory and load new music onto the Jr.  What am I doing wrong?

Oct 25, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #2 of 4
I had the same problem with my ak100. When you delete the files on a Mac they get moved to the trash and not actually deleted so you have to connect the Jr and empty the trash before the space gets freed up. Hope it helps!

Oct 25, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 4
I had the same problem with my ak100. When you delete the files on a Mac they get moved to the trash and not actually deleted so you have to connect the Jr and empty the trash before the space gets freed up. Hope it helps!

leuanp

That did it.  Thank you very much.  If learning about digital audio wasn't enough, Apple is new to me, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back