Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD Recorder) at Tokyo Headphone Festival
Oct 23, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #752 of 1,018

Hey, I just picked up a Sandisk 200GB. Do you know what the process is to make it compatible with the AK300? (i.e. how to format FAT32?)

Thanks!

You don't have to do anything.

Oct 23, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #753 of 1,018
Just insert the card into the Ak300, go to settings and erase sd card..
smily_headphones1.gif

You don't have to do anything.

Thanks so much for the help guys :)

Oct 24, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #756 of 1,018
[COLOR=454545]Hey Traveller,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=454545]I'll not talk about SE vs Balanced output comparing but I've noticed probably similar issue. When I leave my AK300 paused for some time (didn't measure it but it's somewhere around 10+ minutes) and then press play again the volume is significantly lower (the volume setting is the same of course). I have to pause and unpause the music once again to get the volume to the original state. This could be some kind of weird safety precaution which is not mentioned anywhere but rather more a bug. I'm about to report it to AK support. You can try if there isn't any link between these two issues and let me know.[/COLOR]

Hi All,

I agreed. I had this issue also. It was quite low vol.Pause and play again at the same volume level, it sound louder and a firmer bass. Will a factory reset helps? Hopefully its a weird safety feature.

Cheers
Nobody

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #757 of 1,018
Hi All,

I did a hardware reset . The sound signature is back and the volume level is back to what I used to listen at. Hope all this help.

Regards
Nobody

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #758 of 1,018
  Hi All,

I did a hardware reset . The sound signature is back and the volume level is back to what I used to listen at. Hope all this help.

Regards
Nobody

Didn't work for me...

Oct 24, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #762 of 1,018

I did a hardware reset . The sound signature is back and the volume level is back to what I used to listen at...

I don't quite follow. You did an update to the latest FW? Was the vol. issue still there after said FW update? I guess the answer must be "no", why else would you attempt a HW reset... . So after the reset, you paused for 10mins + and the vol was the same as you initially set it to, correct?

Didn't work for me...

Are you on the latest FW too?

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #763 of 1,018
  I don't quite follow. You did an update to the latest FW? Was the vol. issue still there after said FW update? I guess the answer must be "no", why else would you attempt a HW reset... . So after the reset, you paused for 10mins + and the vol was the same as you initially set it to, correct?

Are you on the latest FW too?

Previously I use to listen to a volume at ard 105. After the latest update the vol at 105 sound like 100 and bass was quite weak. So i had to increase to 110 to get what i used to listen to at. After reading your method "pause and unpause the music once again to get the volume to the original state." I did a try yesterday evening . I pause at 105 vol and unpause again , yeah the vol at 105 is at what it is suppose to be before the update. Last night i did a hardware reset and i listen at 105, yeah the volume level is suppose to be what it is previously before the update.  Another issue i found out is the battery. Previously at night i left it on and let it auto power off after 2 hrs. Next morning i power on battery has drop ard 4-5%. After the hardware reset same procedure , this morning power on , battery level never even drop 1% !!!.  

Jus ike Samsung Phone everytime after the update the phone will go crazy.... battery level drop , lag , hang and what so ever. After a hardware reset all problems are solved....  

Hope my method  will help all of you although it jus a hardware reset. I will monitor it also...

Cheers 

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #765 of 1,018
Previously I use to listen to a volume at ard 105. After the latest update the vol at 105 sound like 100 and bass was quite weak. So i had to increase to 110 to get what i used to listen to at. After reading your method "pause and unpause the music once again to get the volume to the original state." I did a try yesterday evening . I pause at 105 vol and unpause again , yeah the vol at 105 is at what it is suppose to be before the update. Last night i did a hardware reset and i listen at 105, yeah the volume level is suppose to be what it is previously before the update.  Another issue i found out is the battery. Previously at night i left it on and let it auto power off after 2 hrs. Next morning i power on battery has drop ard 4-5%. After the hardware reset same procedure , this morning power on , battery level never even drop 1% !!!...

Your findings are indeed interesting! I went ahead and updated to 1.20 (mind you I have the 320 but the FW releases seem to be in line with both models, if not the 380 as well). The volume seemed to be a little on the light side but I am chalking it off to the "power of suggestion" (haha). I looked up Reset in the User Guide and came back with two options:
1. Pressing the power button for 12secs (usually only done in the event one cannot power off the unit)
2. Using the "Factory Reset" option in the System Restore sub-menu.
Your "Hard Reset" is based on which option?

The first option doesn't make sense to me (as the unit will power off after the first few secs of pressing the power key) and the second option is too extreme for my taste. So I just decided to power off the unit. wait ~30s and power it back on. Vol was the same (no louder, per se); I then paused it for over 10mins and the vol was unchanged (it did not lower)
beyersmile.png
So I am going to assume the FW update (and power cycle) was enough to clear the issue! Bass quantity seems imho to be fine so I feel ok with the Status Quo.

beerchug.gif

p.s. what is your Auto power-off timer set to? And Sleep Off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back