Astell & Kern AK70 MKII with dual DAC
Oct 20, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #272 of 1,058
This is why I didn't want to take mine out and about with no case.

For now, I've butchered an AK70 case, added some cardboard and some Gorilla tape! Pretty? No. Functional? Yes!

Hopefully my Mkii case will arrive within the month!
Actually not really easy to see the scars in any light condition, unless look closer into it. But...I still don know when or how I get the scars. I just leave it in my room tho.
I think is my ring on my middle finger, I guess......Otherwise, there is no other reason that I can get the scars.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #273 of 1,058
Actually not really easy to see the scars in any light condition, unless look closer into it. But...I still don know when or how I get the scars. I just leave it in my room tho.
I think is my ring on my middle finger, I guess......Otherwise, there is no other reason that I can get the scars.

Look at this beauty!

AK70_2case.JPG

Oct 20, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #275 of 1,058
Make a DIY duct tape case! I used to do that for all of my electronics back in the edu days.

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #282 of 1,058
Not too many reviews out there for this, I’ve sacrificed my chord mojo/s8 setup for this as I wanted a cleaner solution for portability. Was considering a mojo/poly setup but it just seemed too awkward a setup. I hope this has the ooomph of the mojo as well as a comparable sound signature

Oct 20, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #283 of 1,058
The jump from the Jr to the 70 is huge.

Stuff I've previously written....

I went from a Fiio X3 (Gen 1) to the AK Jr initially. The difference there was the detail was just so much better with the AK Jr (I was using Shure SE425s at the time). I did feel that it was a little light on the bass, although it wasn't muddy at all. With hindsight, that may have been the IEMs.

The move from the Jr to the AK70 was seismic in comparison. A much more forward presentation, and everything far crisper and clearer. Slightly warmer sound than the Jr too and better detail on complex tracks. Not sure what your musical tastes are, but with Dire Straits "Brothers in Arms" you could hear every note sing on the guitar. It's a similar tale with Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" (album), and then straying into the heavier side of things Rage Against the Machine's "Bullet in the Head," the punchiness of the bass is more pronounced and doesn't roll off as quickly.

In my view, the AK70 gives a very balanced, precise sound - but I'm not one for messing with EQ settings.

Thanks for the feedback! Really makes me want to buy it now :darthsmile:

Oct 20, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #284 of 1,058
Not too many reviews out there for this, I’ve sacrificed my chord mojo/s8 setup for this as I wanted a cleaner solution for portability. Was considering a mojo/poly setup but it just seemed too awkward a setup. I hope this has the ooomph of the mojo as well as a comparable sound signature

I have mojo and I am very curious to see what you think of this ak70/2 once you get a listen, plz keep me posted. Have you tried pioneer 300?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back