Astell&Kern AK T1p Impressions Thread
Oct 2, 2015 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

jwbrent

Headphoneus Supremus
I just saw on Jude's CanJam video that this new model from A&K is being released soon. It is based on the second generation Beyer T1 with a 32 ohm impedance and a detachable cable terminated with a 2.5mm TRRS connector.

If this ends up being an improvement over my AKT5ps, I'm in. I already like the detachable cable since I'm not a fan of the AKT5p captive cable.

No price yet but maybe we'll find out this weekend ...

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 58
I am interested to get the T1p as a portable headphone. Anyone listened to it? Please give some impressions. Thanks

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #3 of 58
I am interested to get the T1p as a portable headphone. Anyone listened to it? Please give some impressions. Thanks

Yes, hopefully we will begin to hear comments. I was told by a dealer they are shipping this month.

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #5 of 58
  Has anyone heard anymore regarding availability?

My dealer told me iriver in the US is expecting stock at the end of this month. Additionally, I read on a show report that the retail will be $1,199, but we'll have to wait and see if this is accurate.

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #7 of 58
I just got word from my dealer, Ted @ teds headfood here on Head-Fi, that the AKT1ps have arrived in the US. Ted is going to get back to me on the retail price, so I'll post it later.

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #8 of 58
According to Ted, the retail will be $1,199.

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #10 of 58
  Cool...I am very curious.

usually, just share pictures of setups without impressions to stay neutral but this is probably the best pairing cans for the ak380
atsmile.gif

Nov 9, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #11 of 58
What a tease!  Would you care to share some audio thoughts? Maybe a little comparison to the sound differences between these and the AKT5p.

Nov 9, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #12 of 58
  What a tease!  Would you care to share some audio thoughts? Maybe a little comparison to the sound differences between these and the AKT5p.

it is really clear with good details and layering. slightly lacking in body which will re-listen again with the amp docked.  can't comment on the comparison with the AKT5p till the loaner arrive on wed.

Nov 11, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #13 of 58

it is really clear with good details and layering. slightly lacking in body which will re-listen again with the amp docked.  can't comment on the comparison with the AKT5p till the loaner arrive on wed.

Looking forward to any comments about the differences between the AKT1p and the AKT5p. I really love my 5ps, but as we all know, a new pretty face brings fantasies about something even better than what we already have ...

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #14 of 58
Hi, long time forum lurker here. Finally decided to start an account as I'm having a huge dilemma now. Planning to buy a pair of top tier headphones for travel soon. However, can't decide between the old t5p, AK t5p and the new AK t1p. I'm planning to use the headphones with either a hifiman 901 or colorfly c4. Leaning towards the colorfly from what I've heard though. Any and all advice would be much appreciated, especially on whether the AK t5p is worth the significant price increase over the regular t5p. It's currently about 500USD more from what I've seen. Thanks in advance!!!

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #15 of 58
I heard the AK T1p at ECT HK which is Hong Kong and China's distributor for AK products a few weeks ago, I would say it has the beyer T1 sound. detailed accurate, but some what sounds thin through my AK380+AMP, in my opinion if you listen mainly to classical, go for it, if not I think there are better choices out there, depends what genre of music you listen to.   

I heard the AK T8ie, and I prefer the sound of that to the T1p. T8ie has more body and punch but the fit of those ear tips is kinda weird. Try them out before you buy if possible, T8ie sounds good for more genre of music compared the the T1p in my opinion. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back