Astell&Kern AK Jr trouble with FLAC
Jan 6, 2018 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

macdonjh

Headphoneus Supremus
Just within the past couple of weeks I've been having trouble with my AK Jr and FLAC files. Every file I synch to my Jr I convert to FLAC and recently some of those files have not played and I get a message, "That File Format Is Not Supported. Play Next File?" It seems to be getting worse, too. I have two Jrs, one has v1.0 and the other has v1.03 firmware. Both are acting the same.

Any guesses? Any fixes?

Jan 7, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #2 of 4
I’ve just fixed a similar problem in that none of my FLAC files on the SD card were being recognised by the AK jr. Unfortunately I had to reformat the SD card and reload all the FLAC files onto it and it solved the problem. Don’t know if that will help but may be worth a try?

Jan 8, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for your reply, Tstorey. My problem is with the native memory, though, not an external SD card. I've also posted a question on the AK website.

Feb 7, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #4 of 4
Another Head-Fi'er suggested I "factory reset" my Jr., then rescan the library. Unfortunately, that didn't work.

Next I tried reformatting the internal memory, then reloading the files that were giving me trouble. That didn't work, either.

I haven't tried loading files to an SD card yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back