Astell&Kern ACRO CA1000 Carriable Headphone Amp
Apr 26, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #455 of 621
Posted to the CA1000T thread, as well, but does anyone know if it's possible to have the display always on while connected to power?

Edit: response from the other thread indicates that screen timeout can’t be disabled. @JasonNYC is this something being considered? When I’m streaming from roon and plugged into power, would love to keep the screen on.

Last edited:
May 17, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #456 of 621
Ordered acro ca1k.

This review says there's no way to bypass internal dac as rca inputs convert the analog signal to digital first before sending it to its own amp. Is this true?

"Just note that any incoming RCA signal will go through a 24-bit/48 kHz analogue-to-digital conversion process, but I don’t exactly see this mode being the primary use-case for most ACRO CA1000 owners anyhow."

Jun 1, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #457 of 621
HI @JasonNYC

Is there any battery preservation feature when the unit is used all the time as a desktop amp plugged to the power ?
Like maintaining the battery level at ~80% or full bypass of the battery...

Jun 24, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #458 of 621
Hi there,

As I am offered a good second hand opportuniuty on this Acro 1000 (well, more specifically an Acro 1000T) I would like to ask some questions that I think will not get different answers an Acro 1000 and Acro 1000T.

First question is : would it be possible to hook up a USB/Ethernet adapter and stream music from a NAS with Ethernet instead of Wi-FI ? I have been told that Wi-Fi will have no better or worse sound than Ethernet, so if I can avoid those waves going to my brains all the time, I'd happily save that ;

Second question would be, if I remote control the Acro 1000(T) with third party app like BubbleUPnP or Symfonium will it be able to play live recorded music or an Opera in gapless mode ?

Third question : is the RCA or XLR output on those machines something that can be used as a pre-amp ?

Fourth question : what is the SoC that is moving the Acro 1000(T) ? Is it enough to have smooth control from the device ?

Fifth question : I'd like to be able to use the Acro 1000 in 2 ways : 1°) as a renderer for networked music streams ; 2°) as a USB DAC to listen to sound out of my computer. Is there a way to switch between "inputs" easily ? Asking because I own a Cocktail Audio n15D tyhat does not allow that !!!! (true story)

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Regards.

Jul 15, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #459 of 621
Awesome amp.
20230706_000735.jpg

Jul 23, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #460 of 621
HI @JasonNYC

Is there any battery preservation feature when the unit is used all the time as a desktop amp plugged to the power ?
Like maintaining the battery level at ~80% or full bypass of the battery...
I was told previously that the battery is bypassed in this circumstance. Can't find the reference right now though, sorry.

Jul 25, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #461 of 621
Used RCA outs for first time last night and they're variable preamp. My AK daps have line out setting that can be adjusted to different vrms level. Ca1k doesn't have this option or am I missing something?

Jul 25, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #462 of 621
@JasonNYC would it be at all possible to add to ca1k through a future firmware update dedicated current control separate from gain control, like AK pa10 has?

Aug 18, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #463 of 621
Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing one but have a question please. If listening to music via the Micro SD card, does the sceen stay on so I can see the album art? If not how long does it stay on for and does it come back on when skipping a track?

Aug 18, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #464 of 621
Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing one but have a question please. If listening to music via the Micro SD card, does the sceen stay on so I can see the album art? If not how long does it stay on for and does it come back on when skipping a track?
I also responded to you in the CA1000T thread.

There are various screen timeout settings ranging from 10 seconds to 3 minutes.

If you press a button or touch the screen, it will turn back on if it is off.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 24, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #465 of 621
I bought this device and am very happy with its sound, but not with the operating system. My criticism is that something as simple as enabling scrobbling to a service like last.fm is not possible. It is also impossible to install some application like simple scrobbler. I have seen a lot of customer criticism of the absence of this feature. I think Astell & Kern should take more seriously what their customers are asking for if they want to remain a major player in the coming years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back