Astell&Kern ACRO CA1000 Carriable Headphone Amp
Oct 5, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #362 of 621
I have had a couple of weeks to evaluate the Miter pull-up leather case for the CA1000. I am very happy with it. I will go through the pro’s and con’s and why I end up recommending it for my fellow CA1000 users.
I purchased the item from Amazon UK and it arrived to me in Vancouver BC within 9 days- which I thought was very acceptable from Europe.
First up- pull up leather is real leather. The case has a great smell to it. Pull up leather is batch dyed and then oiled and waxed.
It gives it a soft texture and feel. But understand this, it is meant to scratch and mar and show wear over time, and change colour over time (notice the Canadian spelling of Color). If leather that shows its wear is not for you- this is probably not the item for you. But if you like that high-end worn leather look- you will love this.
I wanted the case to protect both the player and everything around me, as the CA1000 is a serious weapon! If any of you have dropped it you know this 😱 my wooden floor does…
The case does an excellent job of covering the unit fully, except for the screen of course. The fit is really excellent except for one thing. The player has 4 rubber feet. The case fits the front feet perfectly. The grove extending across the Rear of the unit does not match the rear feet. I was able to correct this by performing a little surgery with an X-Acto knife and tweezers to cut two little rectangles out of the inside bottom leather so the unit would sit perfectly within the case in a totally flat manner- not bulging downwards in the back corners. Took me about 15 minutes to make both cuts and clean up any stray bits of finer from the bottom backing. Now it site totally flat.
Other than that adjustment the case is fantastic. Looks great. Has a nice warm feel
Note: real leather is warm to the touch- vinyl/ fake leather is cold to the touch.
I find the unit is much easier to carry around and less risk of taking out something or a body part if impacts anything.
Check out the pics.
Is the case included ? I cannot find it in AK accessories page.

Oct 6, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #364 of 621
I’m collecting my CA1000 tomorrow, so I’ll be able to compare to my current SP2000T and, when it returns from repair, my Hugo 2. I‘ve always liked the idea of a transportable, battery-powered compact “desktop” rig; I find operating and viewing a DAP when not holding it pretty awkward, especially when using fairly stiff silver cables from the top of the unit. I tried the Fiio M17 but for me it didn’t really fulfil the stationary role well. I found it to sound a bit uninspiring too. I don’t know why I didn’t look at the CA1000 sooner. Hopefully I’ll be able to make some decisions to let some of this gear go!
Tell us about your first impressions about the sound of the DAP when you have it :)
I am thinking about buying this DAP, but I do not have the opportunity to listen to it and there are very few reviews from real owners.
I'm afraid that the sound will be too analytical, dry and sonorous, because the ESS chips a installed

Oct 6, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #365 of 621
It’s not a case made by A&K, so not included. It’s made by a company called Miter, and is available from Amazon UK.
Found it. But it's not genuine leather.
BrandMITER CASE
ColourBrown
Form factorBasic Case
Compatible phone modelsAstell&Kern ACRO CA1000
MaterialItaly artificial PU leather
PatternSolid

Oct 6, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #366 of 621
Tell us about your first impressions about the sound of the DAP when you have it :)
I am thinking about buying this DAP, but I do not have the opportunity to listen to it and there are very few reviews from real owners.
I'm afraid that the sound will be too analytical, dry and sonorous, because the ESS chips a installed
It's not the case with the Futura, which is smooth and melodious enough, while being analytical indeed.

Oct 10, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #367 of 621
Well, had it a few days now and I am extremely impressed! Build quality is exceptional; this is a true premium product. My Meze Elites have truly come alive! That extra power seems to be adding its magic. The upper mids over-emphasis from the SP2000T has gone and the sound is very spacious. Imaging and soundstage are excellent. Bass response is superb too. I am super happy with it so far.

Oct 10, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #368 of 621
Well, had it a few days now and I am extremely impressed! Build quality is exceptional; this is a true premium product. My Meze Elites have truly come alive! That extra power seems to be adding its magic. The upper mids over-emphasis from the SP2000T has gone and the sound is very spacious. Imaging and soundstage are excellent. Bass response is superb too. I am super happy with it so far.
CA1000 is a step forward in sound compared to the SP2000T?
Did the sound change after some time after heating?
And, Does the sound have a synthetic base and piercing high frequencies that can cause fatigue? :L3000:

Oct 10, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #369 of 621
CA1000 is a step forward in sound compared to the SP2000T?
Did the sound change after some time after heating?
And, Does the sound have a synthetic base and piercing high frequencies that can cause fatigue? :L3000:
To my ears there is a real improvement in sound quality over the SP2000T, at least when using the Elites. I haven't really done any other comparisons and if I'm honest, I'm not sure I have the enthusiasm to do them. I just want to stop fiddling about with constant comparisons or always looking for a way to improve things. I just want to enjoy the music. So far, this combination is allowing me to do just that.
High frequencies are natural from my perspective, but of course this can be very specific to the transducers being used.

Oct 27, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #371 of 621
Out of all the AK daps I've tried, I for home usage, CA1000 form factor is simply amazing.

I wish AK just used better dac chip inside it and didn't reserve the high end design to their Ultima series.

Oct 29, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #373 of 621
Does anyone know whether the A&K RM01 remote control is compatible with the CA1000? I have the CA1000 on order and would ideally like the opportunity to have a handy remote as well as the AK Connect 2.0 option.

Oct 31, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #375 of 621
@JasonNYC
Hi Jason, I'm really interested in this device but could you please confirm that:
1. the ACRO CA1000 will support Roon Arc ;
2. will share the same OS as the SP3000 ;
3. what about SE180 and SP2000t?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back