Astell&Kern a@Ultima1000m
Feb 4, 2020 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Iainmcm

New Head-Fier
Hi All,
I'm very close to buying an Ultima m with 6 weeks left on its warranty. The buyer is willing to accept roughly 50% of the current retail cost. Can you pls help with three questions i have:
  1. Is this 50% rate of depreciation a reasonable price drop for a 2nd hand player in apparently pristine shape?
  2. Once the warranty is done, can anyone who currently owns an Ultima or who has a long experience with A&K players let me know what their reliability is over the years?
  3. And if anyone has needed to get one repaired, are the costs for this extortionate if any of the circuitry or hardware goes wonky? Does it end up costing nearly the same as buying a new player?
Many Thanks
Iain

Feb 5, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi All,
I'm very close to buying an Ultima m with 6 weeks left on its warranty. The buyer is willing to accept roughly 50% of the current retail cost. Can you pls help with three questions i have:
  1. Is this 50% rate of depreciation a reasonable price drop for a 2nd hand player in apparently pristine shape?
  2. Once the warranty is done, can anyone who currently owns an Ultima or who has a long experience with A&K players let me know what their reliability is over the years?
  3. And if anyone has needed to get one repaired, are the costs for this extortionate if any of the circuitry or hardware goes wonky? Does it end up costing nearly the same as buying a new player?
Many Thanks
Iain
A&K does not transfer warranty, so it's a mute, (woops, MOOT) point. To repair you would have to pay and send it to S. Korea, 1 month turnaround. The player is going for $1,900 new, take off %20, $1,500 would be fair price. The player is delicate, as long as you don't drop it on the street you should be OK.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 4
I had recently replaced the volume wheel and battery on AK120 Titanium for $75 including the shipping, which I thought was reasonable. I didn't have to ship the device back to Korea but sent the device to support center in LA, USA. They shipped it for me to Korea to repair and send it back from LA but like the other said it took way over month to receive my AK120 back.

Apr 14, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #4 of 4
I think Astell and Kern has a relatively good after sales service even the warranty period is over. 50% of depreciation is a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back