Astell&Kern A&Ultima SP2000T Impressions Thread
May 1, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #541 of 756
Hi, just purchased the SP2000T and am loving the sound so far! Has anyone purchased either the Oliva or Black case? Just wondering if they are big improvement over the included tan case or if it's really the same case, just in different colors.

Thanks

May 1, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #542 of 756
Hi, just purchased the SP2000T and am loving the sound so far! Has anyone purchased either the Oliva or Black case? Just wondering if they are big improvement over the included tan case or if it's really the same case, just in different colors.

Thanks
I may be wrong, but for what I have read, it is the same (material, brand/manufacturer, shape …) but different colors.

May 2, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #544 of 756
@JasonNYC: How can you delete bookmarks in the folder menu? You can create max. 5 bookmarks but you can not delete it..I can't find an option to delete the bookmarks...thanks in advance for your feedback! Tom
If you click on the bookmark icon next to the folder or track bookmarked in the folder view, it will remove the bookmark.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
May 13, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #546 of 756
@JasonNYC Hi, i recently got my SP2000T, it was running fantastic, up to recently. If i attempt to play music either from the SD card or the preloaded content, or with spotify. The device crashes and restarts. I have done a full system reset and it is still having the issue. :frowning2:It will also crash/reboot if i switch it to USB DAC mode, its as if it no longer wants to play any audio :frowning2:

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #547 of 756
First, take a look at the Internal drive and the MicroCard drive and make sure you didn't load music or other files OUTSIDE of the Music folders.

Take out the MicroCard, do a full reset and see if it works. If it doesn't, remove all music files from the Internal, do a full reset and see if it turns on and stays on. If it does, put ONE music file that you are SURE is uncorrupted in it and see if it plays. If it does, start loading music files in small amounts and keep checking to see if it plays. If it suddenly stops working again, your corrupted file is likely to be in the last batch you loaded.

Or it's possible there is a problem with the device not related to corrupted files.

May 14, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #548 of 756
First, take a look at the Internal drive and the MicroCard drive and make sure you didn't load music or other files OUTSIDE of the Music folders.

Take out the MicroCard, do a full reset and see if it works. If it doesn't, remove all music files from the Internal, do a full reset and see if it turns on and stays on. If it does, put ONE music file that you are SURE is uncorrupted in it and see if it plays. If it does, start loading music files in small amounts and keep checking to see if it plays. If it suddenly stops working again, your corrupted file is likely to be in the last batch you loaded.

Or it's possible there is a problem with the device not related to corrupted files.
I have already done the multiple levels of reset. The crashing just started randomly, the device was running fine for about a week. I listened to the new Moderat album, put the device down and topped up the battery. After attending some meetings i went to listen to it again and crash/reboot when i try to play audio from any source. :frowning2:

May 14, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #550 of 756
Resets won't fix everything, especially if you have a corrupted file.
I do not think that this was a specific file issue, as i tried many tracks from the SDCard and different playlists from Spotify. Strangely, after leaving it turned off overnight it now seems to play ok. But if that is the fix, just leave it powered down for a few hours, i do not think i am ok with that :frowning2:

May 14, 2022 at 8:38 PM Post #552 of 756
I have another odd issue, my windows box does not recognize the device for USB DAC mode, or well any mode. My macbook is all good. USB works, its the same cable as my old Fiio M15, which i used all the time before it broke. The device charges, it is unrecognized, no MTP popup either.

May 17, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #555 of 756
The 2000T is a slightly warmer version of the 1000. Slightly. That's without using the tube. Though not using the tube to some degree would be a waste.
Actually I should have been more detailed
I really like the sound of the AK Kann Alpha
Warmer is fine
Now what I mean is the Bass extension the same : Kann Alpha vs SP2000T / SP2000 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back