ASTELL & KERN A&ULTIMA SP2000 VS iPhone 12 Pro + Mojo
Dec 30, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #16 of 19
I can get Solaris SE $400 lower than Solaris 2020...i guess SE is older and bigger ? not sure which one should I get ...I guess SE is worth better for money ?
Plenty or discussion on this in the Solaris thread. I think the consensus is that the SE is more balanced sounding while also having a slightly wider and more holographic soundstage but being physically larger. The 2020 on the other hand is smaller and has more of a ‘v’ shaped tuning with slightly more bass and accentuated treble.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #17 of 19
Thanks Kenjamin for the advise
it sees you own sp2000, how it pairs with Tia Fourte ? how is Tia Fourte compare to Solaris or legend X...I just want to buy one and hold it for years ...I know it should be a personal preferences but I appreciate if you tell me how do you think .
Hi there, I get how you feel now, you still have a long way, I know you got a new iem and wanna find something to makes it better and better. But one more time, if you are happy now just enjoy what you have now. Expensive DAP doesn’t mean it sound better. Your combo sound full, warm if you wanna try same taste, I can suggest you try hugo 1, wm1z, sp2kcu (Cu is bit different from 3 with more detail, soundstage, transparent, but the mid is a little thinner and leaner).
I have never auditioned Solaris 2020, so can’t tell much about it. But fourte pair good with warm DAP, on the opposite Legend X pair good with neutral or bright DAP.

Seems you almost listen music through tidal, so you can wait for a review of Ibasso Dx300 (new DAP release this month).

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #18 of 19
Hi there, I get how you feel now, you still have a long way, I know you got a new iem and wanna find something to makes it better and better. But one more time, if you are happy now just enjoy what you have now. Expensive DAP doesn’t mean it sound better. Your combo sound full, warm if you wanna try same taste, I can suggest you try hugo 1, wm1z, sp2kcu (Cu is bit different from 3 with more detail, soundstage, transparent, but the mid is a little thinner and leaner).
I have never auditioned Solaris 2020, so can’t tell much about it. But fourte pair good with warm DAP, on the opposite Legend X pair good with neutral or bright DAP.

Seems you almost listen music through tidal, so you can wait for a review of Ibasso Dx300 (new DAP release this month).
thanks again, will try the combination you advised , but how do you think 64 Audio U18 TZAR will pair with SP2000?

Dec 30, 2020 at 10:31 AM Post #19 of 19
Probably good, although I might suggest also looking into the Astell & Kern models also. I had the Audeze LCD-i4 for a while, great phones, but I am not a huge fan of ear buds... so the Abyss Diana Phi are, in my view, the best headphones that work really well with a portable player!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back