Astell&Kern A&futura SE180 - The First Modular DAP from Astell&Kern
Mar 5, 2022 at 1:58 AM Post #334 of 648
@JasonNYC

Just FYI, your Singapore distributor takes too long to approve a straight up 1 to 1 exchange. What gives???

The unit is definitely defective. Never even booted as I saw that there was already an issue. Returned it at the shop, shop staff called distributor and distributor said to wait for 2-3 days approval???!!! What the heck??

I had other DAPs replaced also on the basis of cosmetic issues upon opening - it was replaced immediately.

This is just plain joke! Shop staff said he will try to have it resolved by today (same day), still waiting for resolution.

I trusted AK and so far, my journey started with this huge bump. Now it's giving me an impression that aftersales service will be a challenge...greatly disappointed with this experience.
Thanks for sharing this experience.
I was thinking to purchase it.... I will check with Fiio.
Thanks

Mar 14, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #335 of 648
I purchased the SE180 at the of January. The first unit I received was non-functioning. Wouldn't even charge. I was pretty shocked given the price tag. However, the shop I bought it from exchanged it without issue after confirming it was DOA. The second unit has been spectacular. I love this thing. I bought the SEM2 as well and enjoy swapping out the module. I am going to wait to see what A&K bring with the SEM4 and then decide between that and the SEM3. I use Campfire Cascades and just really enjoy this DAP. I'm not much of a DAP expert, the last one I had was a Fiio X5III so the upgrade between that and this is pretty extreme, especially the UI. Some have complained about the UI being laggy, but honestly I haven't found much of a problem with it.

Mar 29, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #338 of 648
@JasonNYC

Hey, I was wondering if there's any way to edit app permissions.
The exact use-case here being that I'd like to give Last.FM sufficient permissions to scrobble what I listen to.

Thanks in advance!
FYI, new firmware update coming March 28 for the SE180.

Fixes:
- Wi-Fi stability fixes for wifi dropout issues while streaming
- Fix for connection issues when using a Mac with M1 chipset
Any idee why this firmware is not available yet. I also experience this WiFi problem.

Mar 30, 2022 at 7:09 AM Post #340 of 648
Delayed to April 5th for some additional testing. Sorry, I thought I had posted yesterday when I was alerted.
Hello Jason, thanks for your replay. I can’t wait to solve my problem with streaming. Very often stops the song because of not buffering fast enough because of the WiFi drop outs.This with 24-96 often and with 24/192 almost every song!
So hopefully the 5tfh of April. On the Astell&Kern site a cannot find any information, in FAQ and i also did sent an e-mail but ……

Apr 5, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #343 of 648
I also updated a few hours ago and WiFi is more stable. The strength indicator is moving a little from 2/4 tot 3/4 but the Link Speed is more stable from 18 tot 54 Mbps. This should be always above 11 Mbps to have no buffering stops and during playing the fainted yellow bar should be at least 10-20sec ahead of actual play time in seconds.
Added: After some hours of testing I still got 3 times audio freezing during streaming 24-96 tracks.
Also I still do experience sometimes after skipping to another track that the volume playing is like 30/150 instead of 90/150. Mostly after pause play the volume is back or after skipping track??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back