Astell&Kern A&futura SE180 - The First Modular DAP from Astell&Kern
Aug 9, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #214 of 648
Maybe return of the floating back button? That would be nice. I'm so used to it from SP2000.
I believe it is already present as an option in the SE180's settings menu

Aug 25, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #218 of 648
I finally published my review of the SE180 here: https://www.headfonia.com/astell-kern-se180-review-sem2/

1629928965308.png

Aug 30, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #219 of 648
Found another interesting IEM pairing for the SE180 - and I squared it off against the Campfire Audio Solaris 😉

Link to Craft Ears thread

Sep 3, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #220 of 648
My full written review about Astell & Kern A&Futura SE180 is live now!!

I know I've been keeping you on dry with more budget reviews lately, so this weekend I have the most awesome review I made this month ready for you~

When all that matters is music, and when design combines with musicality, a smooth yet detailed signature, and when a company who's been making flagships for years takes things seriously, they make this nice combo of versatility and sonics.

I'm literally listening to it as I'm posting this, but I will also be around for much longer to help, if you have any questions or if there'll be any way to help ~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...ra-se180-music-player-alpha-dap-incoming.html

Astell-Kern-A-Futura-Astell&Kern-A&Futura-Future-DAP-Music-Player-MQA-DSD-Tidal-Streaming-AK-E...jpg

Sep 7, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #221 of 648
My full written review about Astell & Kern A&Futura SE180 is live now!!

I know I've been keeping you on dry with more budget reviews lately, so this weekend I have the most awesome review I made this month ready for you~

When all that matters is music, and when design combines with musicality, a smooth yet detailed signature, and when a company who's been making flagships for years takes things seriously, they make this nice combo of versatility and sonics.

I'm literally listening to it as I'm posting this, but I will also be around for much longer to help, if you have any questions or if there'll be any way to help ~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...ra-se180-music-player-alpha-dap-incoming.html

Astell-Kern-A-Futura-Astell&Kern-A&Futura-Future-DAP-Music-Player-MQA-DSD-Tidal-Streaming-AK-E...jpg
Great and informative review as always, @Dobrescu George 👍

FYI AK sells their own branded leather case for the SE180, which is expensive but quite essential given the sharp edges as you mentioned. Cheers!

Sep 7, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #222 of 648
Great and informative review as always, @Dobrescu George 👍

FYI AK sells their own branded leather case for the SE180, which is expensive but quite essential given the sharp edges as you mentioned. Cheers!

Hii, woah, thank you, I might have missed that!

This DAP needs a case ASAP, it made it to becoming my most used DAP since I received it already ~ :)

Sep 7, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #223 of 648
Hii, woah, thank you, I might have missed that!

This DAP needs a case ASAP, it made it to becoming my most used DAP since I received it already ~ :)

Yes, case is a good investment if A&K allows you to keep their DAP after you done with a review.

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #225 of 648
Not sure about that, but I was asked about it, and when asking Miter, they said that theirs didn't work out because it was too short, didn't check if AK had an official one beforehand though
Actually, they have a reworked version available which I've grabbed like 3 weeks ago from amazon for a fraction of the original AK case and so far it's been working great. SE180 is quite hefty and the Miter case does really improve the handling, though pressing that functional button is sometimes quite hard and demands two ro three tries. Besides that I must admit that I'm in love with SE180 even when having only SEM1 right now. Makes insane things with my EE Nemesis and Aroma Audio Witch Girl W6.2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back