Assumptions about Meier Audio Corda Headfive
May 22, 2006 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

46and2

Head-Fier
I'm looking for a home amp to drive my Woodied Grado 225s. I like everything about the Headfive, the limited-ness, donation, price, etc. Would it be a safe bet to think that there will be a certain synergy/groove between this amp and Grados? The reasoning behind this thinking is that the amp is meant to go with the other limited head-fi product: the HF-1. The HF-1 is fairly similiar to my woodied 225s and thus would be a good sounding combo.

Any reasons not to get the Headfive to drive Grados? Impedence, etc...

May 22, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
Meier's stuff is very good with Grados. Plenty of current and the right tonal balance to do it up right. Go for it.

x 2.
rs1smile.gif

May 22, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #4 of 8
I thought it sounded pretty good with the GS1000s at the National Meet.

May 22, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #5 of 8
Yeah, I bet it's pretty good. After all, it's an enhanced version of the HA-1 MKII, which cost $450. I have #14 reserved myself.

May 22, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
How do those BUF634's fare with low impedance loads? Those HA-5002's in the original PPA and old HeadRoom modules didn't work very well at that impedance (thought it didn't actually sound as bad as it measured), so I'm wondering how the other popular IC output stage does?

Interesting question - let's let experts answer.

Another question that I have about the Headfive (which I have reserved, as well) - in the prototype's internal picture, the op-amps seem to be socketed. Are they supposed to be socketed also in the production version?

May 29, 2006 at 10:32 AM Post #8 of 8
Before I go for one... or think about it, how would it compare in SQ terms with the Graham Slee Solo??

I have that amp, and if its in a better league, I don't think I'd need the Headfive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back