Assist me with my stats project - BRIEF Survey
Jul 16, 2006 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Zvio

Head-Fier
So here's the story:

I had a snafu last semester with my class schedule. My luck with professors during my second semester was not as immutable as it seemed during the first. A class which I regularly attended lost most of its interests to me two-thirds of the way through. I ended up forking out cash this summer to make up for a grade in that statistics class. Here I am, now, asking for your aid to complete this redundant "project" we have to accomplish.

It's fairly linear so there's not much to worry about on your end. I ask you three questions, they're entirely specific but focus on the answer arrangement. I have to transfer these questions to excel so a line separation between each answer is ideal.

Questions:

1. What type of bottled drink do you usually purchase for yourself? Bottled drinks can include water, juices, carbonated, flavored, liqueurs (booze and wines), dairy and non-dairy, caffeinated, energy, etcetera. They don't have to be portable so jugs and gallon-sized containers count too. If you purchase juice concentrates to dilute, they're fair game too. Figure out your favorite drinks and put down the [size=medium]one[/size] that you drink year-round. Stick to descriptions too as I may not know the type of your favorite beverage like the all-too infamous Monster Goat Urine: P-Blend. - bladder suppressant.

2. How many bottled drinks do you purchase for yourself on a daily basis? Do you buy a can of soda a day or do you stop by the store once a week for that drum of Arizona tea?

3. Approximately, how much do you spend on bottled drinks, for yourself, per week? Use xe.com, if you're not from the United States, to convert to USD please.

Anyhow, I need a total of 45 responses to be safe. Please, for the prosperity of all students in Lake County, IL, fill out this survey and be patriotic to the cause.

[size=small]Seriously, thank you.[/size] I hope I get enough responses by tonight.

P.S. Responses should have no numbering, lettering, bulleting or any indicators other than pure answers like this:

Shirah
$980

Jul 16, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 13
Isn't this a biased survey? Since this is a stats class, they probably should teach proper data collection. The average head-fier probably has more disposable cash than the average person in the country. Therefore, they are more likely to consume more expensive bottled drinks.

Jul 16, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 13
I'm incredibly resistant to trying a simple random sample survey by using a phone number generator that's already biased because there are people who are unlisted or unavailable. Bias exists and we can try to eliminate it but this method is dandy enough for a 100-point project that has no value in the marketing community. Seriously, this is just a waste of time I have to deal with.

Plus, I've put my plea on other forums I frequent.

Jul 16, 2006 at 11:09 PM Post #5 of 13
I'm biding my time at the community college in Lake County. It's not the worst idea I've ever had after not applying anywhere post high-school. I was unsure of what program I wanted to pursue because the conventional business/comm doesn't interest me. I'm fairly settled on anthropology but I'm worried about transfer schools. There are two in the east coast I want to visit and attend possibly but I shall see how the process goes towards that.

I'm just starting my Sophomore year at CLC.

Jul 17, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #6 of 13
Tropicana Orange Juice w/ no pulp ~400ml
$20

I must say though, 45 samples with such a diverse set of possible responses seems a little low. And liberal application of the central limit theorem always helps in stats
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #7 of 13
1. Bottled Water
2.about once per week

3. maybe 1.50

Jul 17, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #9 of 13
1. Arizona Green Tea
2. one or two a day
3. five bucks

Jul 17, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #10 of 13
No numbers guys

Coca cola