Assassin's Creed II - a truly exceptional game
Dec 26, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #16 of 24
Bought my bro it for Christmas, hopefully he enjoys it
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #17 of 24
Anyone play AC 2 and Dragon Age: Origins? I got a gift card for Gamestop and I don't really buy much games anymore, but I'll have to use that card eventually.
smily_headphones1.gif

If neither are very good, have any suggestions?

Dec 27, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #18 of 24
I've been playing ACII lately, it is indeed a great game with clear effort placed in small touches that make the game play just like you'd expect it to.

However, I think it could be harder from what I've played so far (about 40% through?) Ezio is a killing, free running machine, and very little has been a challenge. Sometimes I get a 'going through the motions' vibe which isn't so pleasing.

My number one truly exceptional game is Deus Ex, so by that metric, ACII falls way short, but for this year, it's one of the best.

Dec 27, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, I think it could be harder from what I've played so far (about 40% through?) Ezio is a killing, free running machine, and very little has been a challenge.

Indeed. Hey, at least some of the people can catch up to him this time. In the first game, apparently nobody in the whole region could outrun Altair!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #20 of 24
I agree with OP, Assassins Creed II is exceptional game. Its NOTHING like Assassins Creed I. ACII makes ACI look really bad.

Dec 27, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Planar_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone play AC 2 and Dragon Age: Origins? I got a gift card for Gamestop and I don't really buy much games anymore, but I'll have to use that card eventually.
smily_headphones1.gif

If neither are very good, have any suggestions?

If you're planning on getting either for a console, I'd recommend going with AC2. I feel Dragon Age is meant to played on a computer, as the combat is incredibly tactical and challenging on the harder difficulty modes and the good isometric view is only available on PC. Also, the console version is slightly gimped to make up for the different controls; 'hard' on console is the same as 'normal' on PC.

If you're willing to go for PC versions, I'd recommend Dragon Age - it's a much deeper and more challenging game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with OP, Assassins Creed II is exceptional game. Its NOTHING like Assassins Creed I. ACII makes ACI look really bad.

While I agree that AC2 was a great improvement over the first, saying that it's 'nothing' like AC1 is inaccurate. It plays, feels and looks just like someone who'd played the first would expect it to; Ubisoft just mechanically fixed a lot of the problems with AC1 in the sequel and added a few new types of side quests.

Dec 27, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoodySteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're planning on getting either for a console, I'd recommend going with AC2. I feel Dragon Age is meant to played on a computer, as the combat is incredibly tactical and challenging on the harder difficulty modes and the good isometric view is only available on PC. Also, the console version is slightly gimped to make up for the different controls; 'hard' on console is the same as 'normal' on PC.

If you're willing to go for PC versions, I'd recommend Dragon Age - it's a much deeper and more challenging game.

While I agree that AC2 was a great improvement over the first, saying that it's 'nothing' like AC1 is inaccurate. It plays, feels and looks just like someone who'd played the first would expect it to; Ubisoft just mechanically fixed a lot of the problems with AC1 in the sequel and added a few new types of side quests.

Of course there are much similarities as it IS a sequel to that game. But AC1 ran 100% on rails. While the illusion of busy city around you was really nice, there was pretty much nothing to do other than going from plotpoint A to B and saving couple of citizens along the way. AC2 in the other hand is quite nonlinear. There are sidequests, stuff to explore, etc... Frankly, its closer to GTA than AC1 in many ways.

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course there are much similarities as it IS a sequel to that game. But where AC1 ran 100% on rails. While the illusion of busy city around you was really nice, there was pretty much nothing to do other than going from plotpoint A to B and saving couple of citizens along the way. AC2 in the other hand is quite nonlinear. There are sidequests, stuff to explore, etc... Frankly, its closer to GTA than AC1 in many ways.

Every time that "Save Citizen" thing popped up on my screen I would just laugh...or roll my eyes. There was literally no benefit at all to doing that. It would have actually come in handy in ACII, but they got rid of it altogether.

I had so much fun playing this game. Even my sister (high school senior) admitted that it was very interesting to watch because it actually had a story to it.

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #24 of 24
asscreed is probably my favorite series on this generation of consoles. I loved the first game and the second game improved on everything and added more.

I played the hell out of this game. The only task I have left is to collect 48 more feathers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back