ASLTwin Head Help.
May 17, 2003 at 9:40 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by chefbeldar
How does the Twinhead sound with the R10? I've read the Twinhead does not sound as good with low impedence phones? Is this true?

Mahalo,
Bryan

I listened to it at our Detroit meet with the CD3000 (which is kind of similar to the R10), and it sounded pretty damn good to me. It's not quite so great with Grados, IMHO.

May 17, 2003 at 10:34 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
I listened to it at our Detroit meet with the CD3000 (which is kind of similar to the R10), and it sounded pretty damn good to me. It's not quite so great with Grados, IMHO.

I will second that! I listened extensively with the CD3000's and it sounded incredible.

JC

May 18, 2003 at 3:39 AM Post #34 of 35
i was thinking..... we know what the problem is right?--a single extra resistor. well, with this information, joe lau should know EXACTLY what change in performance this extra resistor does. did he run any simulations?--does he know for sure this resistor is the problem?

so........... what does this extra resistor do exactly? that's what i would want to know if i were kieran.

you don't want to be chasing after a ghost afterall.

it seems hard to believe that a single resistor would make such a difference, but then again i'm not an electrical engineer.

but i mean, it's possible you go through all this trouble and still get an amp you don't like. much of audiophileness is subjective.... and just cause others think they hear a difference between your unit and the CES one doesn't mean there is one!

have you read the ASL specs on this thing?--they're frickin' AWEFUL! i mean, a high-frequency response to 11khz!?--that has to be the worst spec i have ever heard on an amp. if a solid state amp had specs like that, it wouldn't be worth more than $10. so, don't be surprised if you don't like it.... it doesn't even reach anywhere near the prowess of your own ears... and you don't even need to be a dog to hear this difference.

May 18, 2003 at 11:53 AM Post #35 of 35
It maybe something wrong on specification ! I will check it and confirm. I think it is much better.

Resistor cause problem : Sure ! It will over load your CD player and lost dynamic ! It is -10db switch in wrong connection.

Quote:

Originally posted by Orpheus
i was thinking..... we know what the problem is right?--a single extra resistor. well, with this information, joe lau should know EXACTLY what change in performance this extra resistor does. did he run any simulations?--does he know for sure this resistor is the problem?

so........... what does this extra resistor do exactly? that's what i would want to know if i were kieran.

you don't want to be chasing after a ghost afterall.

it seems hard to believe that a single resistor would make such a difference, but then again i'm not an electrical engineer.

but i mean, it's possible you go through all this trouble and still get an amp you don't like. much of audiophileness is subjective.... and just cause others think they hear a difference between your unit and the CES one doesn't mean there is one!

have you read the ASL specs on this thing?--they're frickin' AWEFUL! i mean, a high-frequency response to 11khz!?--that has to be the worst spec i have ever heard on an amp. if a solid state amp had specs like that, it wouldn't be worth more than $10. so, don't be surprised if you don't like it.... it doesn't even reach anywhere near the prowess of your own ears... and you don't even need to be a dog to hear this difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back