Asking the Impossible?
Aug 4, 2016 at 6:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zept0sec

Head-Fier
Recently back into music, ordered Focal Elear headphones (counting seconds until their arrival) and Audioquest Dragonfly Red for use with my Samsung Galaxy S7.

Currently using my relatively ancient Shure E2Cs with the S7 to play my ripped from CD FLAC files. After only my brief auditioning time with the Elears, I've determined the E2Cs are no longer adequate, even for on the go use.

I've read quite a few reviews of different IEMs, but have yet to try any as all the best matches with the sound of the Elears seem to be $600+. It just feels like that's a little too much to spend on something for use on the go, loss/damage risk and all.

So is it unrealistic to expect anything in the sub $200 range to come close? Like in the 75% range, I mean.

Aug 4, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 7
Recently back into music, ordered Focal Elear headphones (counting seconds until their arrival) and Audioquest Dragonfly Red for use with my Samsung Galaxy S7.

Currently using my relatively ancient Shure E2Cs with the S7 to play my ripped from CD FLAC files. After only my brief auditioning time with the Elears, I've determined the E2Cs are no longer adequate, even for on the go use.

I've read quite a few reviews of different IEMs, but have yet to try any as all the best matches with the sound of the Elears seem to be $600+. It just feels like that's a little too much to spend on something for use on the go, loss/damage risk and all.

So is it unrealistic to expect anything in the sub $200 range to come close? Like in the 75% range, I mean.

Check the DUNU DN-1000 and DN-2000

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #5 of 7

Don't forget to pick up UAPP/Onkyo HF player (or Neutron, at a pinch) to be able to play direct to USB without sample rate conversion, otherwise you're missing out...

Aug 5, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #7 of 7
Excellent. Happy listening 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back